Re: FAST BUT MY CAMARO IS FASTER

Discussion in '1999 Ford Saleen Mustang S-351' started by redatdsm, Aug 9, 2002.

1. wat are you guys nuts? the camaro kept falling the the mustang...hey buddy check the 0-60 on the cars...haha its pitiful. very pitiful. I thought this car would be faster but i guess i was wrong. I am entitled to my opinion and so are you. but what i speak is the truth it is a poor excuse for an american muscle car.

2. do GM only produce corvettes cause in every Ford forum just about its all i hear about are corvettes, and Z06, jeez they're whole company is dependent on the vette, i mean its a nice car and all but c'mon. Then again its like here in OZ Holden brag about some 300kw they pull out of this monster engine (5.7l). Woopdy do....Is that all they can say, Lexus have done better with 4.3L, ford have realised and used the 4.6L and 5.4L which are far nmore efficient and responsive than the aging pushrod 5.7L LS1. <!-- Signature -->

3. no offence to americans but ford muscle car owners usually only have a muscly right/ left arm from wackin off!!!!!!!! and they may be muscly on both arms but thats what happens when you push your car everywhere!!!!!!! oh and do not start dissing japas as i know a japanesse car that will eat alot of the moddified DRAG fords it is a suzuki escudo pikes peake edition!!! and it rocks!

4. Listen, Mustangs Suck hairy puntang pie, What would win in a straight line race? A Ford Mustang SVT Corba, or a Camero SS? The Camero! Why? Ford is trying to make a small block squeeze the most power it can. Why. Why the hell not use a 5.4L? Because if they use a 5.4L they would still get blown away! A Z06 would rock the shit out of this car in turning, acceleration, and stopping. Even though this Mustang has 495hp, even though it has 90 less ponies, the Z06 would blow it away!

5. "bla bla bla Z06 bla dribbble shit" is all i hear from GM people...
    I think jealousy is the issue...otherwise u wouldn't be here bagging a great car<!-- Signature -->

6. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BoYRlCeR</i>
    <b>no offence to americans but ford muscle car owners usually only have a muscly right/ left arm from wackin off!!!!!!!! and they may be muscly on both arms but thats what happens when you push your car everywhere!!!!!!! oh and do not start dissing japas as i know a japanesse car that will eat alot of the moddified DRAG fords it is a suzuki escudo pikes peake edition!!! and it rocks!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

u know nothing about cars, i pitty u. Escudo Pikes Peak Edition....ur one dumb git arent u?

Modded drag fords cost about 20k, urs costs 2,000,000.

if ur over priced ricer cant beat the mustang, then it shouldnt even be a car, then again the escudo isnt a car now is it?

i pitty u for knowing nothing but ignorance.

and as for ur vette, only z06 can touch it, thats it, and thats the 02' edition not even the 98 edition, but then again in 98 the vettes sucked this cars dick.

also can ur vette sit 5 people, does the vette have a roll-cage, is it limited editions?

didnt think so, camaro ss is a joke for the price u pay 4k more for stats that are only .2sec at the most better than the svt cobra.

ford is doing a great job making great cars, guess what ur camaro is dead along with trans am.

also the s351 main competitor is the viper gts, and it beat that in the 0-150-0mph speed test.

but if u want another car how about the steeda q mustang against the z06?

Next?<!-- Signature -->

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BoYRlCeR</i>
    <b>no offence to americans but ford muscle car owners usually only have a muscly right/ left arm from wackin off!!!!!!!! and they may be muscly on both arms but thats what happens when you push your car everywhere!!!!!!! oh and do not start dissing japas as i know a japanesse car that will eat alot of the moddified DRAG fords it is a suzuki escudo pikes peake edition!!! and it rocks!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    HAHHAHAHAHAHAH ur joking right?? Ur comparing a car that has been built for one reason only, to go up pikes peak as fast as possible...WHAT THE HELL DID U BRING THAT UP IN HERE FOR...haha ur just as bad as 94formula <!-- Signature -->

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from C5 R Vette</i>
    <b>Why would any chevy lover be jealous of a mustang?? Also The camaro whoops this thing in performance but in sales the camaro lost because the mustang ins a tred car nothing more. This things 0-60 time is .1 less then an automatic vette. And the camaro wasn't created to compete against the mustang they had the vette for that. And even if it was the camaro won.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

THE VETTE WAS MADE IN THE 40'S WHAT THE HELL ARE U TALKIN ABOUT BY THE WAY THE (STOCK 427) SHELBY COBRA WILL STOMP ON ANY STOCK CORVETTE ZO6 OR NOT. HOW U LIKE THAT FOR REAL FORD POWER!

9. I don't really see your point of view, somebody who made the mistake of buying a chevy should be asking for a ford. who else can make a 281ci engine to produce 320+ hp and still pass emissions tests?
    the Vette ZO6 uses a 350ci. ford can get over 500hp with a 351ci.
    shure a vette will beat a mustang in a short race. but with any length of time, that vette would fall to pieces right under your
    sorry ass.

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BoYRlCeR</i>

Are you a freakin' moron, I think you play gran turismo too much.
    you better lay off and do some wackin of your own. the escudo is a fake*********Rally*********car. (by the way, you spelled MODIFIED wrong, and peak, and japs, and muscly isn't a word)....moron

11. ha

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Round Rock TA</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>ok first of all all fords suck. and im sure a camero could kick its ass but im pretty sure my skyline could light up all of your cars</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Hell yea,
    LS1 power baby</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

12. How invited the import. Just so you know a S351 Saleen with drag radials(so it can drive daily on these tires) can run an 11.7 in the quarter. It would deffinetly out run that Camaro on the first page on a road coarse. I have seen high horsepower cars loose to well suspensiond. Why do you think that BMW can usually beat everyone in a race. The last race I saw a M3 beat Mustangs, LS1 Camaros, Porsches, and Transams by 15 seconds just by haveing a great suspension. Don't get me wrong I am a Mustang fan. I have a 2002 GT.

13. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ImpalaLS</i>
    <b>Listen, Mustangs Suck hairy puntang pie, What would win in a straight line race? A Ford Mustang SVT Corba, or a Camero SS? The Camero! Why? Ford is trying to make a small block squeeze the most power it can. Why. Why the hell not use a 5.4L? Because if they use a 5.4L they would still get blown away! A Z06 would rock the shit out of this car in turning, acceleration, and stopping. Even though this Mustang has 495hp, even though it has 90 less ponies, the Z06 would blow it away!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

What car cost's less a mustang SVT cobra or a camaro ss? the mustang! What car would win in a straight line race? The ford! Last time I checked a camaro ss hit 60 in 5.5 seconds, while the cobra hit it in 5.4! As far as this Saleen S351 vs. the Z06, which car is going to have a huge depreciation in it's value? THE CHEVY! This mustang's value isn't going to decrease like the Z06 will when you drive it off the lot! And next time you post a comment, learn how to spell CAMARO!, You shit kickin hick!

14. One thing that pisses me off is the compareing of the SS Camaro to the S-351.

Camaro: 325hp @ 5200rpm
    350ft/lbs @ 4000rpm

Saleen S-351: 495hp @ 5400rpm
    490ft/lbs @ 3500rpm

hmmmm... who would win in standing quartermile?...

SALEEN S-351 end of arguement

15. NO ones ttalking cuz your not worth our time!!<!-- Signature -->

16. This car is a badass car. I cannot believe people say this car sucks. Yall must not know anything. This car is one bad mamajama. <!-- Signature -->

17. one comment- The F-body camaros aren't going out of production because they fell to the mustank. It's because lack of sales due to high prices... but hell yea to all who own trans am, Camaro, and especially corvette. You guys know perfection when you see it, and it's not in ford...

18. The Camaro and Firebird went out cause they could not keep up with the mustang sales

19. U dumb little kid. They went away to be remodled. And the only reson the stang is still around is cuz its a trend car.<!-- Signature -->

20. Hey U dumb #%$. Go back to the Chevy forums. Chevy is "redesigning" the f-body. They had to do that with the Vette too. I guess that means that the Mustangs styling is just that more appealing that they do not have to cancel production and start from the ground up. Why change something that is already popular. Now go back where you came from and try to push your ingnorance on someone else.

21. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from C5 R Vette</i>
    <b>U dumb little kid. They went away to be remodled. And the only reson the stang is still around is cuz its a trend car.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Hey kid, mustang is no "Trend car" It's one of the longest running cars ever, it's in it's 38th year. Around before the camaro and after.

Their sales couldn't compete with the mustangs and were unprofitable for GM. So the got bagged. GM only cares about money. If they loved the f-bodies they wouldn't have gotten rid of it. If it becomes profitable later it will come back. Maybe they'll be back, maybe it's not or maybe it'll be a I4. Remember when all the GM execs. were saying all over the news that the death of the camaro was a lie?

Face it kid, mustang won.

22. hey hoserhead, why dont you go fix an oil leak on your rustang?

23. your camaro is not a production car ....so you are not making any sense at all ! now that i have proven my point you can go back to bed ....your husband is probably waiting for you

24. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Savior Six</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Alter</i>
    <b>i'm sorry but the mustang is a poor excuse of american muscle even this one. You want american muscle you need a WS6 Ram air transam or a Camaro SS or a Corvette z06...then we're talkin until then keep that piece away from me...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> What the hell .. a poor excuse for an american muscle cars??.. Why is it in every Ford prodcution featured an obviously Chevy lover goes on and talks. You guys have some bitter animosity towards Ford especially the Mustang. Jealousy explains it all people. I wonder if it is such a poor excuse for a car, then why is the Camaro going out of production?? ...... Because it kept falling to the Stang!! Thats the fact.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Finally, someone who makes sense. This chevy lovers make it like a personal goal to diss every mustang around and say how much Ford sucks. its pure jealousy. i love the vettes to death, but come on. i dont go around and say how much ford sucks, i have respect for all american cars. get over it and admit Ford Makes good cars and that the mustang is pretty good, you may not like it, but respect it.

25. Camaro will always have the mustang beat. Your camaro looks really nice, and besides there is the chevy camaro ZL1 concept which will take any mustang ever made! 0-60 in 2.7 and top speed of 230!!!