ZR-1 THREAD

Discussion in 'American Cars' started by HeyHuub, Jun 27, 2008.

1. ZR-1 laps the ring in 7:26.4

the fantastic transmission and the insane traction capabilities.

2. ZR-1 laps the ring in 7:26.4

AHAHAHAHA! TRUTHNESS!

These morons have been waiting for the OMFGSUPERMEGAVETTE for years, and now that it's here all they can talk is about the 70K crapanesse Datsun...

Sounds to me like they're way too scared of Godzilla.

3. ZR-1 laps the ring in 7:26.4

George Lucas and Spielberg are still massaging it a bit.

4. ZR-1 laps the ring in 7:26.4

the reason the gtr is so fast is because of sevral things. first it seems like nissan has had thegtr at the ring doing hot laps for over a year. thats probably more than even porsche has spent on any one car. Second this is nissans halo car making a comeback. they knew it had a hell of a reputation to live up to. this is like ferrari bringing back the 288 GTO. they went the extra mile and then some to make sure the engineering and execution were perfect. thirdthe driver aides are arguably the best any production car has ever had. not saying the car can drive itself. I'm sure nissanstest driver are some seriously talented drivers. but the electronics here are able to severely limit human error.

so we have perhaps the most heavily engineered car ever that mechanically is top notch dispite being somewhat heavy. In the same car reside electronics that can help a even novice driver look pretty darn good.(even if the car doesn't drive itself) being hot lapped around a track more extensively than probably any car to date, by some incredibly talented drivers.

what you get is a lap time that seems impossible. but perhaps it is the only car to lap the ring so close to its maximum potential.

the gtr is approximately as fast as a zo6 an impresive feat for a car that has less power and more weight. but it seems much faster because it is so much easier to drive A combination of mechanical and electrical genius on nissans part.

perhaps if the ZR1 and the other cars capable of this level of performance recieved as much tracktime as the GTR their times would fall considerably as well.I wouldn't be surprised if the carrera GT was capable of a 7:15-7:20 time but limited tracktime and driver error have prevented this from happening. lets face even f1 drivers aren't perfect.

5. ZR-1 laps the ring in 7:26.4

Well, shit. Nissan sort of had an easy time with this. While a whole lot of other cars try to be 'purist,' the GT-R's reputation is a car dressed to the nines with electronic help. And all they had to do was look at the list of things the FIA has banned from F1 to know what's good.

6. ZR-1 laps the ring in 7:26.4

big thing holding the CGT back is tires.

7. ZR-1 laps the ring in 7:26.4

Self quote video bump.

8. ZR-1 laps the ring in 7:26.4

The blog said the week of the 7th.

9. ZR-1 laps the ring in 7:26.4

or it's big engine, depending on how you look at it

10. ZR-1 laps the ring in 7:26.4

man up-shift your twanger lol

11. #161 Mack100, Jul 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    ZR-1 laps the ring in 7:26.4

http://tiny.cc/87NmU

12. #162 Will939, Jul 10, 2008
  13. #163 944turb0, Jul 10, 2008
  14. #164 PandaBeat, Jul 10, 2008
    ZR-1 laps the ring in 7:26.4

That video is sped up.

15. ZR-1 laps the ring in 7:26.4

shopped

16. #166 MindlessOath, Jul 10, 2008
  17. ZR-1 laps the ring in 7:26.4

made in hollywood

18. #168 Phanofmuzik, Jul 10, 2008
  19. #169 RLQ, Jul 10, 2008
  20. ZR-1 laps the ring in 7:26.4

LS9 dyno

21. ZR-1 laps the ring in 7:26.4

that's...not really a proper dyno chart now is it.

22. ZR-1 laps the ring in 7:26.4

technicaly its not a real dyno chart that you would see... its a true chart for the manufacture. when the release the charts now they look like this. i forget why its not all jagged like when i get my car dynoed.

but alot of manufactures are doing this kind of chart when they release. i know nissan did it too, they even had someone explain why (tho im not going to look it up :p).

23. ZR-1 laps the ring in 7:26.4

its called smoothing

and the fact it has an SAE number on it is a good sign for accuracy.

24. ZR-1 laps the ring in 7:26.4

I finally seen this video, the ZR1 is all over the place in that shit...the massive horsepower on the straights is definatly making up for its sloppyness around corners

25. ZR-1 laps the ring in 7:26.4

Needs a better driver.