can it beat tha hummer????

Discussion in '1963 Shelby Competition Cobra 289 Le Mans Hardtop' started by C.O.P.O., Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from CobraWitABang69</i>
    <b>Hell yeah it can beat the box on wheels. When ur inside it, it feels like a piece of tin.GM sucks dick. All yall people that like that gay company are on crack. I got a 2001 cobra with performance heads, supercharger and everything. I'll whoop all yall ass's, and so will camero eater.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

hey buddy that's to bad that you have to use a superchager to get big horse power. my 76 vette would kill you down the strip easily.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from CamaroEater</i>
    <b>elputus bring your vette any day motha #$%#a ill take you on with either of my stangs Of course this beast can cream the hummer. the hummers wheel base is HUGE. It can climb flat lands. But it cant mud like this truck could... Four wheelin is all about muddin and runnin over logs with a $96,000 hummer at its LOWEST price you wouldnt even wanna scratch it. sorry GM guys Ford Owns The cars now. the ones that WILL wipe GM out... wheres the duramax's? wheres the camaros? wheres the FIREBIRD? WHERES THE TRANS AM? nowhere to be found HA HA HA... HA</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You are the SHIT. You got the best cars in the world and Chevy lovers should kiss your ASS. FORDS RULE always have always will. Nothing can touch a Shelby

3. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

To all you who think the Hummers are the shit i have a few things to say.

First off i dont think any of you have taken a hummer offroad because if you had you would know that they can't go up any trails due to their huge width. Secondly they have one of the shittiest poorest performing deisel engines ever. Lastly but not least my 1972 International Scout could go farther in reverse up any trail than the hummer could go in drive.

4. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

id rather have an escudo

5. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

But can it fit 9 people? My Hummer fits 9 people, take the 3 bench seat of the back and it can carry 6 people and enough luggage and camping gear for 6 people. It ain't built for speed, it is built for comfort, if you want speed get a Porsche.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

yeah my buddies dad has a 99 beetle 5 speed with a 502 chevy engine with 1000hp, it has twin turbos nitrous and a blower, headers performance heads, dual flowmasters and its front wheel drive and has slicks it does 5 seconds in the 1/4 mile.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

i dont know if this would beat a hummer..mabey..but most fullsize trucks are not too good off road,but built for towing and carrying a heavy payload,plus they are way to big to do any decent trailriding(same with hummers)i personally think that nothing can go offroad like a jeep cj5.. what can compeat with that small of a wheelbase and their toughness other than mabey an old bronco, blazer or scout.
    (unlessyou want to count those expensive ass mercedies)

and vette
    i hope that your f'n joking because no beetle is going to havea 502 in it

8. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from vette</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from OOJUGGALO7</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from vette</i>
    <b>the hummer would mop that piece of shit ford in an off road cometition easily. and if ford makes better engines than chev than why are the chevy's so much faster and more powerful. their 327 will kill the fords biggest v8 and the 496 will destroy fords v10 .</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The 327 can't even touch Ford's 351 let alone their bigger V8s. Yes the 327 is a nice engine, I used to have one in my 79 Monte Carlo, but it still doesn't compare to most Ford V8s. As for the V10 vs the 496 look at the difference in engine size. Why don't you compare one of chevy's engines to one of Ford's 500+ ci engines. Oh yeah, I know why you don't. Its because it would rip apart anything that chevy has.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

buddy are you stupid. the 327 is 285 horse power fords 351 is only like 265 or something it even said in a performance test that the chevs were faster. even the 6 litre (366) would kill the ford. chevy's 502 would rip any ford apart. the Z-L1 camaro engine would mop the biggest ford engine. My parents used to have a 98 chev silverada with a vortec 350. i use to race all the ford and dodge trucks and kill them with 3/4's pedal. and as for fords new diesel i gaurantee that the durmax will walk around that thing in a race. it's too bad ford needs to use a hydraulic pump to get that much power. and by the way my buddy has a chevy 526 cubic inch enigine with 717 hp running of pump gas. no ford will touch that. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

In case you didn't know Ford rates most of its engines well below what they actually put out so people buying them don't have to pay as much for insurance. The 351 in one of my father's spare trucks is putting out over 300 and its stock. You also have to look at which 351 you are talking about the cleveland or the windsor. As for the bigger engines you obviously didn't read the battle of the big blocks article. They put ford's biggest 500+ ci engine in a mustang and Chevy's biggest 500+ ci engine in a camaro. No blowers, turbos, supers, nitros, or any other power addons. Eventhough the camaro had more cubic inches the ford walked all over it. As for the 717hp a guy my friend works for has a speedboat with a 500 ci ford engine in it with no mods besides the fuel system running pump gas putting out just over 1100hp. One of my father's old farm trucks when I was growing up had a 427 in it with the only modification being an 1100 holly double pumper. The truck could spin all four of its tires up through all five gears and peg the speedometer. Oh and by the way the hydraulic system on the driveshaft's power isn't added into the figures here.

9. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

NO IT COULDN'T BEAT THE HUMMER AND FOR SECONDS WHAT THE HELL IS THIS DUMBASS TALKING ABOUT HIS COUNTOUR ECULIPTUS OR SOMETHING IS THAT MOMMY'S CAR AGAIN LITTLE RICH BRITISH BOY

10. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

Sure, thats a BadAss LOOKING truck. I'll give em that. What's up with the Dual rear wheels though? i dunno about that. Can it beat a Hummer?? HELL NO~! not even close. get a #$%#in clue here. First of all, dont compair a military hummvee to a civilian vehicle. If there was something better dont you think our military would have it by now? so shut up. Hummers are the epitomy of off roading. lets talk about approach and departure angles here. Also, the drivetrain of a Hummer is built to crawl through anything. CTIS, locking diffs, you name it, a Hummer is more capable than 99% of people who drive them. In the writeup, Ford talked about milage. obviously, if you build a truck and want to compair it to a Hummer you throw ergronomics right out the window. This truck was built only to turn heads, not turn tires through mud n' shit. Of course, Ford has loyalists who can't ever take off the blue oval blinders. <!-- Signature -->

11. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from OOJUGGALO7</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from vette</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 68stang</i>
    <b>i dont know if this would beat a hummer..mabey..but most fullsize trucks are not too good off road,but built for towing and carrying a heavy payload,plus they are way to big to do any decent trailriding(same with hummers)i personally think that nothing can go offroad like a jeep cj5.. what can compeat with that small of a wheelbase and their toughness other than mabey an old bronco, blazer or scout.
    (unlessyou want to count those expensive ass mercedies)

and vette
    i hope that your f'n joking because no beetle is going to havea 502 in it</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

of course its got a 502 you think that it can't be done because he did it.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Obviously you have never seen a 502 ci chevy engine. Either that or you haven't seen a bug. I should hope its the former and not the latter. Even if you completely ripped out the interior on the bug there still wouldn't be enough room to fit that engine in that car. If you think you can keep any credibility you had before mentioning it by arguing to defend it then you are sadly mistaken. You only make yourself look more stupid with each rebutal.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

look here mahanchi its got what i say its got. its got a 502 and it is a new bug it use to have the turbo diesel in it and his dad is a welder so built the brackets for it. you think you ma, you think you ma, wit you punk suckers ha<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

can we all just get along???<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

uuuh, back to the topic, what kind of question is that anyways? they are totally different vehicles. This is a truck made for hauling not racing. if you raced this thing you would be able to see the gas gague slowly go down. it weighs 3 times more than some cars. this thing could probabaly tow over 15000 lbs out of a 5th wheel. Hummers are half the weight, and cant tow much, and people who buy hummers are not buying them for the same reasons they would buy this truck. (damn city slickers)

14. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from OOJUGGALO7</i>
    <b>the hummer would mop that piece of shit ford in an off road cometition easily. and if ford makes better engines than chev than why are the chevy's so much faster and more powerful. their 327 will kill the fords biggest v8 and the 496 will destroy fords v10 .</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The 327 can't even touch Ford's 351 let alone their bigger V8s. Yes the 327 is a nice engine, I used to have one in my 79 Monte Carlo, but it still doesn't compare to most Ford V8s. As for the V10 vs the 496 look at the difference in engine size. Why don't you compare one of chevy's engines to one of Ford's 500+ ci engines. Oh yeah, I know why you don't. Its because it would rip apart anything that chevy has.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Chevy's 502 will kill any of fords engines ford never even made a stock 500+ ci engine 429 was the biggest i've ever heard of. and my 427 (actually 510 ci) z-l1 enigine would kill any ford down the strip.<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

who cares what your friends wife/sister's cousin has running. unless your running it then dont bother. everyone knows at least someone that has an engine bigger than his brain can handle. thats why we get to see those nice wrecks on best of cops car chases. even if it is yours noone cares. some people are secure enough in their manhood that they dont need an engine bigger than some peoples cars to feel good. it depends what you feel like trying to make fast. ive got a 400m cleveland that im waiting to rebuild just to see what happens. but i know when to stop. and yes companies do underrate hp to ease up the insurance cost. look at mitsu rating the lancer evo at 280 when anyone with a brain knows its a bit higher. <!-- Signature -->

16. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

yeh but the hummer would whip this yellow peice o shitt all other coz its just 2 good 2 beaten<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

Hummer will beat this plastic covered freak<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from vette</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from OOJUGGALO7</i>

Chevy's 502 will kill any of fords engines ford never even made a stock 500+ ci engine 429 was the biggest i've ever heard of. and my 427 (actually 510 ci) z-l1 enigine would kill any ford down the strip.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Are you joking Ford makes a stock 460 that they put in their trucks to this day. Ford makes plenty of engines bigger than 500 cubic inches. They make a 500 cubic inch engine that blew away the chevy 502 in a competition done by motor trend. It blew away the crystler 512 ci engine too. The article title was battle of the big blocks. The biggest engine that I know of that you can order as a crate motor from Ford is a 550+ ci around 557 i think.the biggest experimental engines that I know of that they have made was a 610 cubic inch v-8 and a 598 cubic inch v-12.

19. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

ford 289 hipo's horsepower and tourque numbers line up with the 327, at least it did with the 327 of the mid 60's. the 351 is a nice engine, much better than the 327. both of ford's 351's are better as far as hp numbers comapred to the 327, unless you are using numbers from the mid 70s or something.

20. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

WELL 4 ALL THE PPL THAT GET ANGERED BY PPL THAT DONT KNOW MUCCH ABOUT CARS WELL WHY DONT YA ALL LEAVE COZ WE DONT WANT YA???????????

21. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

f@#% yes it can beat the Hummer!!!! The Hummer is the biggest POS that GM has ever Built. Trust me when I say this, I work on them!!!(constantly)

22. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

The Hummer was once good, but then GM started making it....

23. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

I'd almost pay money to see that!! I used to have a '79 K5 with just a 350 and a 5 inch lift with 33's. That thing would crawl in and out of drainage ditches like nuthin'. I like the old Bronco's though, you could beef them things up great too, but not the newer ones like the one CamaroEater CLAIMS to have. First he says he goes mudding every weekend, then he says at least once a year...and I didn't know there were mud bogs in Vermont either...

And another thing to quote him: "HUMMERS SUCK ASS. THE NEW ONES ANYWAY. WHEN AMC WAS MAKIN EM THEY WERE THE SHIT. BUT NOW THAT GM HAS TO DROP A SHITTY DIESEL ENGINE IN EM AND TRY TO KEEP THE HUMEMR LEGACY ITS GOING TO FLOP. ITS JUST TO SAD AMC HAD TO SELL IT."

First - It's AM GENERAL, not AMC, and they are a DIVISION of the huge conglomerate of GM, dumbass, they never sold out. That's why they have GM's 6 something liter diesel engine in them, and the H2 shares a lot of components with Chevy HD trucks, and GM dealers are the distributors.

Second - Hummers can go ANYWHERE their wheelbase will fit on lnad, and they can drive over a 12 inch thick log - I've seen it done. And anybody that would PARK a vehicle in the mud is a freaking moron, of course it will sink!!!

All this talk of my truck will beat your truck, my car will beat your car reminds me of 2nd grader's saying "my dad can beat up your dad". Makes me wonder the age of some of the posters bragging about what they "have". Grow up......

24. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

beat it at what?? one is a work-horse and the other is the ultimate off-roader. apples and oranges here dude. maybe you should read some car mags

25. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

All i want to say is the hummer looks cool but from the inside, it is just like wide SUV without ammenities. I know, I've driven a 2002 on an offroad course. It's off road capabilities really didn't stand out very much.

H2s are no bigger than a standerd mid-sized SUV. They simply don't stand out near as much as the older ones. They have also picked up a softer look.

On the other hand, the Tonka is for a fifth wheel, not offroading. All I can say about this model is beware GM and Dodge because this concept will have major similarities to the 2004 F-series which might scare the only two full size truck makers that are competion to Ford into a corner.