Re: 2003 SVT Cobra vs. The BMW M3

Discussion in '2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra' started by Cobra Man, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Theres not one that exists. the cobra is faster then the m3!!

2. Cobraman, where did u get your avater pic? Either tell me the site or just post some more pics so i can get em'.<!-- Signature -->

3. M3 all the way...<!-- Signature -->

4. Pleeeeeeeeze post the yellow saleen!!!!!
    <!-- Signature -->

5. M3 hands down...<!-- Signature -->

6. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from elbato22</i>
    <b>M3 hands down...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

So many idiots!<!-- Signature -->

7. exactly<!-- Signature -->

8. I have to say that if you put price aside, the M3 is a better total package. The M3 isn't quite as quick, but I'm sure it has a better stopping distance, similar handling prowess.
    More important the M3 has BMW quality luxury, much more room, awesome performance and better fuel economy than the 03 Cobra.

However, if I were to consider price it would be a very close call. I would have to drive both cars before I could really decide.

<!-- Signature -->

9. please :)<!-- Signature -->

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MantronixFX</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from bmwmpower24</i>
    <b>by the way the m3 is a far better car, quality wise. yes it has 333hp but at least its naturally aspirated. why does america, the makers of the big blocks, now setteling for superchargers, and turbos. its a shame. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Cobra R 385 NA stock Horses. I dont think there is a production BMW that can touch it.
    Imagine if this engine was tuned to its max potential like BMW engines are. What an a$$-whoopin</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

394 out of the m5 and the z8, you dont think that the cobra r was tuned to hell. they couldnt tune the 03 cobras engine anymore so they had to add a supercharger<!-- Signature -->

11. well lets get vulgar now. the m cars are far supperior to the cobra. the cobra might be faster at the respective times straight line times but dont u tell me that the cobra would beat the m3 and the m5 through a road course. i have seen m5 times that both beat and are slower than your cobra. it depends on the driver and where the test is done. i never anwser, well i have much more important things to do then sit on the computer all day and put messages on forums. your starting to love the supercharger debate. well hell lets but a supercharger on a mustang, lets also put a supercharger on any m car, and lets see who would win. the charger is the only thing ford can do to make there cars fast. its kinda like what AMG did to its engines. we cant beat the m3 or the m5 or anything for that matter so lets put a supercharger on it. all the new special mustangs, mach 1 all that engine is, is the old cobra engine. if u want to compare the cobra r to a stock m3. well thats dumb, it all tuned, at least compare it to the street version m3 gtr, its only fair, dont u thing <!-- Signature -->

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from bmwmpower24</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MantronixFX</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from bmwmpower24</i>
    <b>by the way the m3 is a far better car, quality wise. yes it has 333hp but at least its naturally aspirated. why does america, the makers of the big blocks, now setteling for superchargers, and turbos. its a shame. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Cobra R 385 NA stock Horses. I dont think there is a production BMW that can touch it.
    Imagine if this engine was tuned to its max potential like BMW engines are. What an a$$-whoopin</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

394 out of the m5 and the z8, you dont think that the cobra r was tuned to hell. they couldnt tune the 03 cobras engine anymore so they had to add a supercharger</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Ok, lets get one thing straight, they could have tuned it to more than 320hp, but it was taking to long and it was just cheaper and faster to put the super charger on it. It's what the ford buyers wanted anyways. And no I don't think the cobra r was tuned to hell. Only 300 were made, if it would have been a larger produced car, the following year I'm sure they could have eaisly topped 400 hp.

13. 400hp</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

boy. Im starting to love the supercharger argument...thats like losing to a Cobra and saying....uhhh..welll, YOU have two more cylinders, THATS WHY YOU WON! .</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

the m5, seeing the thing weighs a lot more and still can match a much lighter mustang, thats pretty sad for the ford people. i want you to tell that to me when the 2003-2004 m5 comes out with the v-10. u lost and its because you have 2 less cylinders. oh yeah and it may be aways off but the m3 is goin to get a v8. performace that matches a 400hp v8 from ford. 70 less horsepower, 2 cylinders less, 1.4 liters less. you want me to believe that the m3 is inferior. sorry no BMW has equaled the mustang using far less. it stands toe to toe with the mustang. 55k, well theres not a 2yr wait list for the mustang so i guess theres a lot of dumb people out there who cant beat u. you want to argue about tenths, the new road and track has a 60 time of 4.9, geez now its all of a sudden 2tenths slower than the m3. go figure<!-- Signature -->

14. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from American HP</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MantronixFX</i>

394 out of the m5 and the z8, you dont think that the cobra r was tuned to hell. they couldnt tune the 03 cobras engine anymore so they had to add a supercharger</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Ok, lets get one thing straight, they could have tuned it to more than 320hp, but it was taking to long and it was just cheaper and faster to put the super charger on it. It's what the ford buyers wanted anyways. And no I don't think the cobra r was tuned to hell. Only 300 were made, if it would have been a larger produced car, the following year I'm sure they could have eaisly topped 400 hp.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

you tell me the engine wasant tuned to hell, are u kidding. its like saying the zo6 isint tuned to hell. <!-- Signature -->

15. where is the 4.5 rating. it better not be from a mustang, ford, svt website magazine casue god knows they would give it the best rating possible. i want it from one of the big four car magazines or another source that has no affilation with ford.
    car and drive
    raod and track oops it ran a 4.9 there
    motortrend me coupe 4.7, m5 4.6
    automobile<!-- Signature -->

16. Ok bwmpower24 here are some numbers for you to look over.

weight hp torque price 0-60

Cobra R 3589lbs 385hp 385lb 54,000 4.4

SVT Cobra 3664lbs 420hp 390lb? 34,000 4.4

Z8 3484lbs 400hp 370lb 128,000 4.2

M5 3957lbs 394hp 368lb 70,000 4.8

M3 3781lbs 333hp 262lb 55,000 5.4

Now look at all the numbers...the bwm's are the most exspensive, and even that can't help them beat the mustangs. Only one that is $128,000 can beat the cobras times. Not only that but the svt cobra is said to handle BETTER than the cobra r, which went head to head with the z06, which would beat any of the BWMs. So don't go saying the m5 will out handle the cobras, because at 4000lbs I'm really doudting that. Look, all the numbers are their for you to see...
    Sure the bmws have some more luxury features, but at the track who cares?

17. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from bmwmpower24</i>
    <b>well lets get vulgar now. the m cars are far supperior to the cobra. the cobra might be faster at the respective times straight line times but dont u tell me that the cobra would beat the m3 and the m5 through a road course. i have seen m5 times that both beat and are slower than your cobra. it depends on the driver and where the test is done. i never anwser, well i have much more important things to do then sit on the computer all day and put messages on forums. your starting to love the supercharger debate. well hell lets but a supercharger on a mustang, lets also put a supercharger on any m car, and lets see who would win. the charger is the only thing ford can do to make there cars fast. its kinda like what AMG did to its engines. we cant beat the m3 or the m5 or anything for that matter so lets put a supercharger on it. all the new special mustangs, mach 1 all that engine is, is the old cobra engine. if u want to compare the cobra r to a stock m3. well thats dumb, it all tuned, at least compare it to the street version m3 gtr, its only fair, dont u thing </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

1. The Cobra is NOT tuned. SVT is Ford. Ford is SVT. The BMW is actually much more tuned. BMW squeezes every horsepower out of their engines, while the Cobra is a building block for great performance.

2. The Cobra is 10-15k LESS than the m3. If they aren't comparable its because the m3 costs too much, not even considering the fvcking m5.

3. The 03 Cobra will probably beat the m3 and m5 on a road course. It's handling is being considered to be better than the 2000 Cobra R.<!-- Signature -->

18. 1.first mustangs are no where tuned to ultimate. if they were look at the jaguar trans-am, it uses mustang engine and ohh what was that, 650hp and 450 turque. now thats what mustang engine can give you.

2.M cars are known for being tuned to ultimate you can not really tune the m3 that much more with out aid of supercharger or turbo. M5 might have some more juice to sqeeze still. and another note bmw engine get hell of alote more ware and tear than any other luxo manufacturer, because of all the high tech and the amount of power they get from the engine. they already had cooling problems at the launch but beyond the point.

3. mustang is soppuse to appeal to buyers with not lots of money but want something fast, and it gives it, and wait till the next jen mustangs with the 5liter. and i thought the next jen m5 is going to be turbo and have 570hp.

but i think as good off of a handler the mustang is and it could beat it, but i don't think it would have the same preciseness of the bmw chassi.

19. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Angisio_66</i>
    <b>Okay boys there has been enough pointless argueing so let me lay it down for you. The Ford Mustang Cobra is a totally different class than the BMW M3 and they are aimed towards completely different buyers. Now I don't know much about the Mustang because I don't follow American muscle, so I don't know its lateral acceleration or skidpad numbers or any of that, but if its like the rest of the mustangs, then it will simply be a straight line car. The people that will buy this watch Nascar and Drag Racing leauges. While the BMW is for more refined or "upper class" type people that do luncheons and work behind a desk.

Angus</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Pretty intelligent post their jackass. I own a mustang, and yet somehow I don't watch nascar? Weird huh. And some punk kid near where I live drives an older bmw, he's a drug dealer, pretty high class huh. The mustang cobra r got over 1g in skidpad, and the svt cobra is a better handling car, you do the math. Unless you have someting better to post from now on I suggest that you don't post, unless you enjoy being ripped apart for being an idiot.

20. You're not the typical sterotype and yet your name is AmericanHP, strange... Does this guy down your street own a new BMW or an old one? Any jackass can buy an old one. And most Mustangs do handle like a boat, maybe this one and one other doesn't. But everytime I see a mustang (a million times a day), the body is about 10 feet across and they've got 4 tiny little wheels that are way to small.

All I was saying in my post is that anyone who is going to buy and M3 won't ever consider changing it for a Mustang, and at the same time someone buying a Mustang wouldn't ever change that for an M3.

Angus<!-- Signature -->

21. What's wrong with the name AmericanHP. Most of us want power and performance at low prices. Now if we wanted the snob effect, we would buy a bmw.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Angisio_66</i>
    <b>And most Mustangs do handle like a boat</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Have you driven a single SN95 mustang? Do you even have a DL?

F*cking terrorist sympathizer. Live in the West Bank for a year and see how much your opinion changes, you sheltered rich boy.<!-- Signature -->

22. I am just saying for all the idiots who tried to say that a Cobra R is better then a BMW. I would take any Bmw thats an M over a stupid ford. Fords cant handle for shit. I dont care how much HP they have. If we took the M Coupe or an M3 and a Cobra R to the track the cobra would look like shit compared to the BMW. American cars cant hanle all they can do is go straight. They shouldnt even have steering wheels. So all you american lovers should stop talkin shit and all american car makers should start working on their handling and stop makin such crappy BIG engines that dont perform well.

23. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from bmwmpower24</i>
    <b>400hp</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

boy. Im starting to love the supercharger argument...thats like losing to a Cobra and saying....uhhh..welll, YOU have two more cylinders, THATS WHY YOU WON! .</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

the m5, seeing the thing weighs a lot more and still can match a much lighter mustang, thats pretty sad for the ford people. i want you to tell that to me when the 2003-2004 m5 comes out with the v-10. u lost and its because you have 2 less cylinders. oh yeah and it may be aways off but the m3 is goin to get a v8. performace that matches a 400hp v8 from ford. 70 less horsepower, 2 cylinders less, 1.4 liters less. you want me to believe that the m3 is inferior. sorry no BMW has equaled the mustang using far less. it stands toe to toe with the mustang. 55k, well theres not a 2yr wait list for the mustang so i guess theres a lot of dumb people out there who cant beat u. you want to argue about tenths, the new road and track has a 60 time of 4.9, geez now its all of a sudden 2tenths slower than the m3. go figure</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->And how much will these bmw's cost??? no where near a mustang!!!!this car is the best bang for its buck period!!!

24. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Angisio_66</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Hoseman</i>
    <b>What's wrong with the name AmericanHP. Most of us want power and performance at low prices. Now if we wanted the snob effect, we would buy a bmw.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Angisio_66</i>
    <b>And most Mustangs do handle like a boat</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

F*cking terrorist sympathizer. Live in the West Bank for a year and see how much your opinion changes, you sheltered rich boy.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Where did I say that his name was bad? I never did, I just pointed out that he of course would be totally biased towards the Mustang. No, as a matter of fact I haven't driven a Mustang, and I intend on keeping it that way, I don't want to have to wear a mullet and a wife beater and chew tobbaco.

You can take your sleazy American shit mobile, and I'll take the M3 any day of the week, snobby or not. I'd rather be a snob than white trash.

Where have I ever said that I was a terrorist sympathizer? My signature? I never said whether or not he deserved the rap, I just said that he got one. If the Americans didn't want him to have money and weapons and shit they never should have given him any.

Everyone with over 500 posts report this guy. He’s going down. Insulting mustang owners, American cars and America’s involvement in the mid East.<!-- Signature -->

25. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Angisio_66</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Hoseman</i>
    <b>What's wrong with the name AmericanHP. Most of us want power and performance at low prices. Now if we wanted the snob effect, we would buy a bmw.

F*cking terrorist sympathizer. Live in the West Bank for a year and see how much your opinion changes, you sheltered rich boy.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Where did I say that his name was bad? I never did, I just pointed out that he of course would be totally biased towards the Mustang. No, as a matter of fact I haven't driven a Mustang, and I intend on keeping it that way, I don't want to have to wear a mullet and a wife beater and chew tobbaco.

You can take your sleazy American shit mobile, and I'll take the M3 any day of the week, snobby or not. I'd rather be a snob than white trash.

Where have I ever said that I was a terrorist sympathizer? My signature? I never said whether or not he deserved the rap, I just said that he got one. If the Americans didn't want him to have money and weapons and shit they never should have given him any.

That has to be the most ignorant post I have ever read. Their are so many things wrong with it I can't even begin to start tearing it apart and making him look like a complete idiot, he did such a good job of that on his own. You have just sealed your fate, because if your not banned, you will be ripped to shreds from everybody on this site...