Saleen is a gay company created by gay people

Discussion in '2002 Ferrari Enzo' started by Homero, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

Dude you have a boner for the F1, give me a break its OLD and has SEEN ITS DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

BluCamSS: And you have a boner for the Enzo. Admittedly though, I, branng, the Ferrari nut, has already heard that the Carerra GT has beaten the Ferrari Enzo around a track, marginally but consistently. A little worrying considering the Carrera GT is a whole lot more practical and costs about half as much, and has that exxxxxxhaust note.

3. Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

I read 3 test also, the Porsche only beats the Ferrari in the RAIN, who the hell cares???? And the Porsche sounds HORRIBLE, I heard a sound file-YUK. It is no Ferrari V-12!!!! What is comes down to is the Porsche is a great car, just not as quick, fast or as high tech as the Enzo Ferrari!!!!

4. #529 branng, Nov 14, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

Go download this video here of the Porsche Carrera GT... and drool. You're honestly the first person I've heard who's complained about the exhaust note of the Carrera GT. Oh yeah, the video also features the Ferrari Enzo and Lamborghini Gallardo.

And no, the Porsche did not merely beat the Enzo in the rain, it was in the dry... it didn't rain the day they tested the car. Autocar did the test if I remember correctly.

http://www.racingflix.com/getvideo.asp?v=515&p=6

5. #530 branng, Nov 14, 2003

Go download this video here of the Porsche Carrera GT... and drool. You're honestly the first person I've heard who's complained about the exhaust note of the Carrera GT. Oh yeah, the video also features the Ferrari Enzo and Lamborghini Gallardo.

And no, the Porsche did not merely beat the Enzo in the rain, it was in the dry... it didn't rain the day they tested the car. Autocar did the test if I remember correctly.

6. #531 branng, Nov 14, 2003

Check out this image below too.

7. Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

Porsche beats Enzo in dry, too. AND you're STILL you chosing Enzo, anyway ! And just by.... by the V-12 sound !! No surprise.

You're the proof. Show car x Race car. Passion x Performance battle.

As I said: PASSION will never win a race AND PERFORMANCE will never be beaten by passion.

You'll loose many races, BUT you'll keep hearing your Enzo engine in its garage thinking "it's marvelous". NO matter how many times it has been smoked/screwed by McLaren, Mercedes and Porsche....

8. Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

Still don't like it, only thing uglier is the SLR.

9. Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

So ONE test out of FOUR, SO WHAT? The Enzo Ferrari is a much better car on many levels. I am not the only one who said this, Motor Trend and Auto Week said the same. The Porsche is to "conservative and boring" the Ferrari is more fun to drive, handles more like a race car, has better brakes, more tech and overall is faster and quicker....The numbers prove it....A Carrera GT hasn't come near the Enzo Ferrari's 3.1 0-60, 6.6 0-100 or 11.1 1/4 mile in ANY test, and I have read 3!!!!

10. Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

Ok, it wasn't autocar that did the test unless it was the Nurburgring run then maybe they did.

An Enzo was lent to Porsche twice and they tested it on their little test track and the other time at the ring. At the ring in the semi-wet the CGT was almost 20 seconds faster, in the dry the surmised it would be a couple seconds. This is not surprising. Walter Rohrl was testing the CGT and he has done 1000s of hours in it at the nurburgring. He is unlikely to be able to perform in a car alien to him the same way he does the CGT which is practically an extension f him.

The CGT also beat the Enzo around their test track in the dry, but what do you expect. It is the porsche test drivers who are, yes very professional, but also extremely used to the CGT considering the car is designed with their input, so another car no matter how good isn't going to be nearly as comfortable to them. The 360 and Porshe turbo are a good example of this. They are both incredible handlers, but different groups prefer different characteristics in their cars. So the Porsche drivers are going to be quicker with handling and setup they prefer.

I guarantee you that if Ferrari did the same thing at Fiorano with Benuzzi they they would come up with the opposite conclusion.

11. Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

Sorry, but magazine drivers are frequently moved by passion and money unlike PROFESSIONAL drivers.

Professional drivers need to win races to won their money. Nice words aren't enough. That's why they're never racing on Ferraris. In the last 38 years ferrari lost ALL Le Mans races they went. Just ALL.
    Ferrari is good for Formula1. BUT Before Schumacher they were eating dust for almost 20 years, too.

F50 GT has been forbid to race by Ferrari (it's in the owner's contract). Why ?

Just 'cos they're not making race cars but show cars. Porsche GT1, Mercedes CLK-GTR, McLaren F1 are real race cars.

12. Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

Dude do you have ANY CLUE? I mean before you come on here and write all this BS get your FACTS together!!!! Ferrari hasn't won LeMans recently cause they factory HASN'T ENTERED. But who won the GTS class last year? FERRARI!!!! And the F50 GT couldn't race CAUSE THE FIA CHANGED THE CLASS RULES!!! I mean what a load of crap you write, it makes me laugh.

13. Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

Dawn ! You really know nothing about Ferrari ! It's all public information ! please research something and you'll open you eyes !

1. LeMans: Ferrari won GT1 class. They're not the winners.
    You world is just F1, right ? Look F1 aren't cars, they're just a kinf of karts (lol!).

2. About F50: You Know NOTHING about the F50 GT owner contract ! As usual. (just like many Tifosies) ! You don't even know F50 GT history !!!! Yes, boy that's true ! To buy the car the owner was obligated by ferrari to sign a contract sayin that he will never use it on races !

3. LeMans is for Professional races and NOT just for Magazine drivers or companies. They (professional drivers using Ferraris) were in LeMans using many Ferraris in the last 38 years !
    4. MICHAEL SCHUMACHER, NELSON PIQUET, MICHELLE ALBORETTO are examples of LeMans Drivers. They're far better than Motortrend maganize drivers. They're examples of F1 drivers that went in LeMans and they never choose for Ferraris. They're not LeMans winner but they were F1 drivers.
    5. Everybody that choose F40 or anything else to race there were PROFESSIONALS far better than magazine drivers.
    6. Ferrari was There with P333 series,too. They Also lost.

Grow up, kid. It's just the true. Sorry to hurt your feelings...

PS.: Research somethign about Ferrari that's not from F1 and magazine marketing articles.

14. Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

You stupidity and lack of knowledge makes me laugh. Ferrari Hasn't had a factory LeMans OR non-factory LeMans entry since the 333SP in that class. The 333SP won the 24 Hours of Daytona which is just as good as LeMans!!!! And Technically F1 IS the best and highest form of car racing in the world. And as for your F50 GT information WHAT A LOAD OF BS! HAHA they ONLY MADE ONE F50 GT....and I researched why, just as I said after they made the one car the FIA changed the rules and the car didn't fit the class, just like many other cars others made. So you can come on here and say you know what you are talking about, when you actaully have no clue and just state total BS so people THINK you have a clue, when we all know you don't have one. You use Larry Shinoda's name in vein, he had a clue.

15. Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

grow up, kid ! and check ANY LEMANS register in this universe...

Larry is right...get lost

16. Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

I think we should change your name to "SHUT UP ASS" his facts are WRONG, mine are RIGHT. Who is gonna believe a idiot with the name Tifosi Sucks anyway, biased maybe? Get YOUR facts straight. Ferrari WON the GTS class at LeMans this year, Ferrari WON the GT CHAMPIONSHIP in Grand Am this year and the last "prototype" the factory made WON the Daytona 24 Hours. Before you come on here and act like a baby CHECK THE FACTS.

17. #542 4shouse, Dec 13, 2003
  18. Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

Im still unimpressed by the Enzo...There are alot of Supercars out there now that can match or beat the biggest, baddest, and fastest Ferrari now...The likes of the Saleen S7, Mosler MT900 Photon alone have the Enzos records matched or beat. Obviously as an American I would go for the American-power...And the Enzo just seems like less of a value when its nearest compeditors go between $220,000 to $660,000...Espically when the Enzo is selling for $1.5 million on Dupontregistry.com...

19. Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

What new supercar can "match" let alone "beat" a Enzo Ferrari???? None of the ones you said. The Saleen and Mosler get KILLED by the Enzo Ferrari. The Mosler is a bare-bones, basic, twitchy race car with no top speed and is useless on the road. And the Saleen has a basic pushrod engine, cheap Ford switchgear and a design that saw its day 10 years ago. The Enzo Ferrari beats it to 100 mph by almost TWO SECONDS. Even Road & Track (who didn't even get the best numbers) said the Enzo Ferrari is the BEST car they have EVER tested. Better then the S7 AND the F1in ALL of their test categories!!!!

20. Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

The Photon MT900 0-60 in 3.1 and 1/4 in 11.1. That is about what the Enzo gets. Enzo 0-60 in 3.4 and 1/4 in 11.3.It also costs over 400k more than the mosler and has more power/tourqe. The mosler also looks cooler. 0-100 of 6.6 is actually compared to the Moslers 7.5. It is close. Also the McLren F1 or F1 LM will #$%# the Enzo in any race catagorie. Think before you speak.

21. Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

The Mosler has to use a special gear ratio to even come close to the Enzo Ferrari, and it KILLS the poor cars top speed. Not to meantion it is a cheaply designed "kit car" lol. And the McLaren, except for a little top speed gets KILLED by the Enzo Ferrari, read Road & Track if you don't believe me. The F1 has CRAPPY handling and CRAPPY brakes.

22. Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

Its a #$%#ing race car dammit. The F1 has amazing handling and brakes. Also it can hit 240mph. It 0-60 in 3.2, 0-100 in 6.3 and 1/4 is 11. ooohhh. BTW all car magazines use what is called correction factors, means that they test it, put corrections into play, and then configure what the car could do w/ the PERFECT driver and PEFECT driving conditions. Also the Mosler has a howland cut gear box. This has an F1 paddle shifter, those are perfect! The mosler is a custom car, not a body kit and is a strong make. MT says its perfect and has nice enterior. Its top speed was only 165mph in that mag, they don't use correction factors on top-speed, cause of aerodynamics, down-force, and the gearing. Why would a car capable of 240mph have shit brakes? It wouldn't be able to stop! So, thats why it has great brakes, and on T.V. tests, no correction factors blah, blah, they got a slalom of 72.6mph. The mosler got 74.7 on the slalom on top-gear. I think. The viper has breat brakes so no arguement there. 60-0 in 97ft. for the viper.

23. Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

I HAVE NO IDEA where you get your BS information from. Lets go by one of the most rescpected testers in the world, Road & Track. Wanna see what a POS the McLaren is....braking from 80 mph 215 ft, from 60 mph 127 ft, Skidpad 0.86 g, slalom 64.5 mph. THAT CAR SUCKS ASS for a supercar, bottom line it is way OVERRATED. The ONLY good thing is a high top speed. And the said the Mosler is a bare bones, stripped down, cheaply made race car that you get sick of in 15 min by the way. And your "correction factors" are not even close to being right by the way, but I won't even bother getting into that mess.

24. Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

Correction factors are what magazines use to make stats as perfect as possible w/out getting those stats. Lets read MT. They tested an F1 60-0 112ft. slalom 70,3mph. And Do you g's are just how hard a car can pull before it breaks loose? So that means that anything over .82 is good. And the McLaren got .92. Obviously the Enzo has better handling and brakes, but not that much better. also the McLaren is quicker and faster. The Mosler is a light-weight prototype, race car. It is quicker, has better brakes, and handles better than the Enzo, but it isn't a as fast. Thats because the tests I've read it was geared for acceleration.

25. Re: FERRARI ENZO DAILY NEWS

Dude what magazines you read? Motor Trend NEVER even tested a F1. And even if your made up numbers were true the Enzo Ferrari easily beats them! And as far as the Mosler, you put your foot in your mouth, it is ONLY, ALMOST as quick becuse they changed the gearing. The Enzo Ferrari is quick AND fast with is stock gearing, thats more important! And the Mosler can only come close handling wise to the Enzo Ferrari cause it was on RACE TIRES, it said that right in the Motor Trend story. Funny how you didn't say that. Even on race ties it can't beat the Ferrari. I will say the Mosler is a good car, but it just is not in the same class as the Ferrari. It is to basic and bare bones to compeat.