Lamborghini SUV?

Discussion in 'Prototypes, Concepts and Electric' started by Vision K2, Jan 11, 2006.

1. you mean everything. not a useable design at all.

2. It's a matter of justice that every car manufacturer is dishonoured by a SUV. Spyker understood that.

3. 2006 Lamborghini Grand Torro concept

An off-road Lamborghini is not quite as ridiculous an idea as you might think. Sure, the current line-up have difficulty scaling speed bumps without grazing their front splitters, but back in 1986 Lamborghini launched the LM002, a hideous Hummer-style off-roader packing a 420bhp V12.

Viktor Tivadar Sass, the designer of the striking Grand Torro concept, is quick to distance his modern interpretation of an off-road supercar from the LM002. The Grand Torro was designed by the 27-year-old Hungarian for the 2006 Michelin Challenge Design and was displayed at the Detroit Motor Show in scale model form.

This designer has already won multiple design accolades, including four first places in the Camion Truck and Bus Magazine International Design Competition. Glancing through the images of the Grand Torro, it is not surprising to discover that Viktor previously worked for a computer game manufacturer. The fantasy world is a perfect place for a new car with the upper body of a supercar, and the lower half of a giant quad bike.

We love the Grand Torro concept, especially the way Sass has managed to retain the tight Lamborghini styling by filling the arches with over-sized tyres. Look closely and you'll see that the gigantic alloys retain Lamborghini's characteristic five-hole design, though the wheel and tyre are moulded around each other for more reliable extreme driving in tough conditions, such as in the Dakar Rally Raid. We don't imagine Lamborghini will consider production.

4. Looks like it's made from Lego's. Something like this is better off Lambo's future

5. bring on the crappy Euromag photoshopping.

6. the design wouldnt be so bad if it didnt totally forget every practical feature like safety, visibility, ingress/egress, or actual functioning doors

7. hideous, THe LM002 wasn't hideous!

8. It was build to army spec, and in the battle field looking good isn't a top priority

9. imagine changing the tires

10. lol the pic with the surfer is so stupid, hes carving hard in like 8 inches of water. lame

11. One of the finalists of the 2006 Michelin Design Awards was Viktor Tivadar Sass, a 27-year-old who is currently pursuing a product design degree at the Hungarian University of Craftarts and Design in Budapest, Hungary. He has gained work experience at Invictus Games Ltd. where he helped produced computer games.

Tivadar has received numerous design awards including the first place prize four times in the Camion Truck and Bus Magazine International Design Competition. He also has finished first in the 2003 Hungarian Car Design Competition and the 2003 Motor Trend International Design Contest. Besides being selected as a finalist in the 2006 Michelin Challenge Design, this year he also finished second in the Audi, Hungarian Design Contest.

"My concept was not to design a car like a Lamborghini LM, but to design a sporty-off-roader for young people who like the extremities, and for celebrities too," says Tivadar. "I intended it for a loyal companion of all adventurers in every respect. I used the formal language of Murci´┐Żlago and Gallardo to keep values of Lamborghini design. It would be a real characteristic and exclusive vehicle above today's hobby-over lands.

"The basic character of my car is the sportscar silhouette which splits the car's body. The top painted part is a super-sportscar; the bottom is the off-road side of the car. The off-road surface is covered with rubber. The wheels are the main design feature of the car. These are large and have an irregular shape. It has a well known five holed Lamborghini-style rim, but the holes dip into the rubber.

"The car from the front looks like a quad because it has high kept fenders and visible, massive suspension parts. The rear end has a similar feeling as the Murci´┐Żlago. The new features are the simple shaped exhaust-pipe and the unique bumpers," he concludes. (Italiaspeed.com)

12. It may have been hideous but anything with 4WD and 355 wide tires all around has my vote.

13. that concept is gorgeous. The best looking offroader ever.

14. I say make it look like the civilian version of the warthog in Halo

15. haha! looks to me like a Gallardo on 28s

16. Student. badass though.

17. i like more but never look

18. wow that does look like a lego car

19. Greetings. This is my first post.
    I have been considering attempting to copy a concept car body and adapt it to an existing platform. I wonder if a reasonably likeness of this car could be created by chopping up something like a Murano and refitting it with fiberglass panels created from foam plugs.

I am sure many of you are familar with the Minority Report Lexus. One of the bodies created for the movie was fitted on a tube chassis with a Buick V6 and used in another movie called "The Island." That car was recently offered for sale for $42,000. I considered buying it and trying to finish it out, but the entire chassis would have to be redesigned. Just too expensive. I then started thinking about whether I could have the basic body design recreated in foam and then fiberglass, and fitted on a donor - possibly a Toyota MR2.
    After seeing this Lambo 4x4, I may reconsider which body design to try and tackle.
    Has anyone here ever considered such a project or know of anyone? It's not as farfetched as you may think - you can have model cars scanned in 3D and have that data put into modeling software which can then be used with a CNC router system that can cut the design in great detail from rigid foam.
    Comments?

20. Greetings. This is my first post.
    I have been considering attempting to copy a concept car body and adapt it to an existing platform. I wonder if a reasonable likeness of this car could be created by chopping up something like a Murano and refitting it with fiberglass panels created from foam plugs.

I am sure many of you are familar with the Minority Report Lexus. One of the bodies created for the movie was fitted on a tube chassis with a Buick V6 and used in another movie called "The Island." That car was recently offered for sale for $42,000. I considered buying it and trying to finish it out, but the entire chassis would have to be redesigned. Just too expensive. I then started thinking about whether I could have the basic body design recreated in foam and then fiberglass, and fitted on a donor - possibly a Toyota MR2.
    After seeing this Lambo 4x4, I may reconsider which body design to try and tackle.
    Has anyone here ever considered such a project or know of anyone who has? It's not as farfetched as you may think - you can do 3D laser scans of model cars and have that data put into modeling software which can direct a CNC router system to cut the body design in great detail from rigid foam core, and pull fiberlass molds from there.
    Comments?

21. lambo tried the suv thing back in the 70's and 80's they should just leave it alone

22. I have a pic in a mag in yellow. Yes, that's the car.

23. Greetings.

24. that was an awesome car

25. The LM-002 won't be surpassed in badassery.