Re: Dont get so COCKY GM guys, F-bodies will NEVER be back and t

Discussion in '2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra' started by Bene, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Dont get so COCKY ford guys ,F-bodies will be back soon(MORE

Whoever said comparing a this Cobra to a Z06 is right, it's comparing apples to oranges. But look at the Cobra R's, Saleens, and Roush's that are all up in the 50K area, notice none run 3.9-4.0 second 0-60 like the Z06? And besides Ford guys, wait until Chevy lowers itself to putting a supercharger on a Z28 SS or a WS6, you're not going to keep up. <!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Dont get so COCKY ford guys ,F-bodies will be back soon(MORE

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from CobRas4LIFE</i>
    <b>Quote from IHATERUSTANGS "Becuase your little 4.6 couldn't touch the 5.7 without it's blower. So blow me biotch!"

Your a #$%#ing moron, the fact that FORD uses a 4.6 and the numbers are comparable to a 5.7 is a feat in its own you are prolly some little pussy who is getting worried because the Mustang is giving the Camaro a little scare, well get Fucking used to it because the Mustang is going to be eating up Camaros and spitting them out for fun

For everyone else Who is comparing the Cobra R and the rest of the mustang line to the Z06 which isnt even in the same category, why dont you compare your precious Z06 with the GT-40 and we will see who comes out on top! it will make the z06 look like a wind up toy! FORD RACING!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You're still wrong idiot. The 4.6 never touched a 5.7 and it's still true, so I guess my comment is now directed to you. I'm not a moron for saying it especially if it's true. And as for this thing goes, If you would pay attention to my other posts you'd realize all I'm really ripping on is the 4.6 and the design. So I guess I'm making fun of the whole car. I know this car is faster. But no I'm not scared I really don't give a rats ass! I'm just disappointed that ford doesn't do something new and get rid of the 4.6. I hope they do when the 04' Mustang comes out. Maybe, then Maybe will I change my username. But don't ever try quoting me again and trash talk becuase I'll destroy your ego even if you're behind a keyboard. I'll keep bothering you until you give up becuase I don't. So **** off *****!

3. Re: Dont get so COCKY ford guys ,F-bodies will be back soon(MORE

You would surprised at what a Mustang engine can do in a lighter body. Check out Factory Five Racing. Donate a 5.0 Mustang (and some cash), they take all the essentials, drop it into a light Roadster body. Numbers:

488 RWHP
    0-60 in 3.75
    1/4 mile in 10.99 @ 133 MPH
    Lateral G's 1.13g
    70-0 Braking Distance 161 feet
    Cost - $26,412

If FFR could take a 5.0 HO and do that.. what about the 4.6?

Maybe if the Mustang returns to the era in which it was just over 3,000 lbs, you would see some good numbers out of a 4.6.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Dont get so COCKY chevy guys ,the cobra is comin to get'cha

Are you sure I talked about cars I own. The only cars I own is an 89' Iroc that you see and a HondaCivic just to get me to work. Trust me I'm not gonna touch that car it's slow as hell, but It was really cheap and I get great gas mileage. So don't try to quote me as a liar, I never said anything else moron! I've talked about cars I wished I owned. And what I might get when I graduate from college. don't try to put me out and act like you proved me wrong! I don't lie but I talk a lot of shit. Do you want to talk shit with me?<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Dont get so COCKY chevy guys ,the cobra is comin to get'cha

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from I Hate RustStangs</i>
    <b>Are you sure I talked about cars I own. The only cars I own is an 89' Iroc that you see and a HondaCivic just to get me to work. Trust me I'm not gonna touch that car it's slow as hell, but It was really cheap and I get great gas mileage. So don't try to quote me as a liar, I never said anything else moron! I've talked about cars I wished I owned. And what I might get when I graduate from college. don't try to put me out and act like you proved me wrong! I don't lie but I talk a lot of shit. Do you want to talk shit with me?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Well You have a 89 IROC.... Hmmm a college student with an 89 iroc and a honda civic. TWO CARS AS A COLLEGE STUDENT?? WHERE DO U WORK IHATE RUSTANGS?<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Dont get so COCKY ford guys ,F-bodies will be back soon(MORE

True, true. Now he said "Cars I own" so that implies they are fully paid for by him or he is still making payments on them, in either case, money out of his pocket and the titles are in his name.

Now for insurance, which you also should be paying, your looking at well over $2,000 every six months, and that's with the Good Student Discount.

Now college students can have more time to work than high school students, because they set their class schedules. Then again, college students are also known for not having a lot of money.

One of my co-workers is like that. He goes to college, works two jobs and still doesn't have enough money to get his modified Mustang GT out of financial trouble and to the point where he can drive it on the street, legally.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Dont get so COCKY chevy guys ,the cobra is comin to get'cha

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Supra and Bronco</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from I Hate RustStangs</i>
    <b>Are you sure I talked about cars I own. The only cars I own is an 89' Iroc that you see and a HondaCivic just to get me to work. Trust me I'm not gonna touch that car it's slow as hell, but It was really cheap and I get great gas mileage. So don't try to quote me as a liar, I never said anything else moron! I've talked about cars I wished I owned. And what I might get when I graduate from college. don't try to put me out and act like you proved me wrong! I don't lie but I talk a lot of shit. Do you want to talk shit with me?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Well You have a 89 IROC.... Hmmm a college student with an 89 iroc and a honda civic. TWO CARS AS A COLLEGE STUDENT?? WHERE DO U WORK IHATE RUSTANGS?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Well if you're trying to prove me wrong, I've had the Iroc forever. And an 89 IROC doesn't cost much really. The HOnda I own is a CIVIC Hatchback and it's a dx so I've got nothing in it. The insurance on both is less becuase both cars are mine. Don't worry how I pay for it but it's not really hard trust me. Besides it's not like I've got a new SS or WS6 and a Suped up Honda or anything so back off me *****! I've spent good money on my IROC and that's it. I don't know where your comming from trying to prove me a liar, but it's getting nowhere.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Dont get so COCKY ford guys ,F-bodies will be back soon(MORE

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from I Hate RustStangs</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from FORD4EVR</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from I Hate RustStangs</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>BR>
    What the f*ck are you talking about moron? This Cobra is the first Cobra to actually out do an SS or WS6. So as far as reality for Chevy, the reality is this...Ford Mustangs are built cheap, so ford produced more of them. Therefore the sales were more. Chevy doesn't produce cheap cars, but every f*cking year, the SS and WS6 outclassed the Cobra everytime. Your a moron!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

God damn you are stupid, boy. It has been documented that the Mustang outsells BOTH the Camaro and Firebird 2 to 1 COMBINED. Are you trying to tell me there are were more Mustangs built than both Camaros and Firebirds???? If you seriously think so you need help.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

MotherF*cker yeah I am. There are more Mustangs than F-Bodys. Don't believe me go to the f*cking WS6 forum where that says "This here's for 94Formula" Where a gentlemen exclaims that Ford built The Mustang very cheaply becuase he built them. The man who makes them admits it becuase Ford was trying to produce as many as they can. I'll f*cking go all the way with you asshole! You know dick about anything. The Mustang is the most common f*cking sports car on the road. Dont believe me? Take a look outside your trailor! And stop with the boy shit, becuase I'm the one who is your daddy you little *****! The only help I need is some help cuz I just fell off my chair laughing so hard at your comments. You've got nothing on me! And don't go to my Topic on this Mustang forum and try to talk shit to me without reading the f*cking thing first. I didn't trash talk the upcomming mustang I asked if there were any more pictures than the ones given earlier, and even gave a good opinion about how Ford should do with the new Mustang what they did with the T-BIRD and put vintage cues on it! But you didn't even read the damn thing you just tried to put me out and talk shit to me! Your ignorant man! Just ignorant, learn to read a paragraph fully before you comment, becuase there is obviously a lot you miss when you try to talk back!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Dude, you talk a lot of smack but you don't have hard evidence to back up your talk. I don't care what that guy said who supposedly built the Mustangs. The build quality must be better than the F-Body; why else does Consumer Reports rate the Camaro more unreliable than the Mustang??? I realize you just wanted to get attention with that topic and meant no bad intentions, but seriously, if you have the name 'I hate Rustangs', how can you expect people who like Mustangs to take you seriously???

<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Dont get so COCKY ford guys ,F-bodies will be back soon(MORE

Why? Becuase unlike you people do respect me whether I like Mustangs or not! I only talk shit when people make ignorant comments or when they talk shit to me. I do have facts everytime I make a comment, I havent seen you say shit. Don't try to contradict me because it won't work. I have personal experiments with mustangs and I read about them too. If what I say is wrong I have no problem admitting I was, but everything I post is not made up, so F*ck off with your posts, becuase this conversation is dead and so is your humor! <!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Dont get so COCKY ford guys ,F-bodies will be back soon(MORE

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 84FordMan</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SuprJames</i>
    <b>Come on people, this car not only has dual overhead cams but is also supercharged. Two of the easiest ways for a company to get more horsepower out of a car. I think the 02' Firehawk Trans Am was putting out somewhere around 340 horsepower through a naturally asperated non-DOHC engine (won't mention the Vette because it's really not in the same category). That's only 2 valves per cylinder instead of four for all you people that don't know what DOHC means. What I'd like to see from GM is a DOHC LS6 or LS1. Don't even need the supercharger. Course, that would be cool too. Also wouldn't mind seeing the LS1 bored out to 427 cubic inches.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

1) Firehawk is a tuner car, tuned by SLP, an outside company. To prevent the age old debate from reoccuring, SVT is Ford's in-house performance and development team, they are on Ford's payroll and considered Ford staff. SLP is not on GM's payroll and none of the employees of SLP are related to in any way, shape or form to GM.

2) Non-DOHC, in other words SOHC, right? A SOHC N/A engine doing 340 HP is nothing! How about a Ford SOHC 4v engine doing 617 HP naturally? Take a peek at the 427 SOHC "L" 4v and it's bigger brother "D" 8v (Doing 657 HP naturally) sometime. Better yet, find a 64-65 Galaxie 500 with one and go for a test drive some time. It will make your Firehawk look like a go-kart.

3) You cannot bore an LS1 past .005" due to cylinder wall restrictions (They are incredibly too thin).</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I see what your saying but SVT is still a tuner company. What's it mean? Special Vehicle Team or something like that? They take a car and fine tune it. That's the idea, doesn't matter if who payed them, their still taking a car and upgrading it, the Cobra is too a Tuner Car!<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: Dont get so COCKY ford guys ,F-bodies will be back soon(MORE

SVT (Special Vehicles Team) is the moniker of John Coletti's Special Vechicle Engineering group. SVT exists as the marketing and dealer training group, while SVE is the actual development and performance group. They are often grouped together as SVT.

SVT/SVE was born from Ford's SVO (Special Vehicle Operations) of the 1980s. In 81 SVO targeted the BMW 318i and built what is known today as the "4-banger Mustang", the 84 SVO Mustang. They used the turbocharged 4-cylinder out of the T-bird, an intercooler for the turbo, a Borg-Warner five-speed with Hurst shifter, Koni gas-charged shocks, four-wheel discs, and 16-inch wheels. While all that seems all fine and dandy, but how many American sports cars had 16" wheels on them in 1984? Only two. The SVO Mustang and the Corvette.

SVE rarely takes a car and just upgrades it, like SLP does. They often drop everything out of a car except for the exterior and rebuild it with higher quality parts or in cases like this one and the 93 to present day Cobras, they made a completely new car.

Car & Driver and many others proclaim Coletti as the savior of the Mustang, some feel the Stang would of died out if it wasn't for him. It's true. He was the one who designed the 93 Cobra to present day Cobra.

When SVT designs a vehicle from an already existing design, they give it the SVT treatment, inside and out. Performance, handling, braking and interior upgrades, all come standard with SVT vehicles. Along with the bragging rights.

Also SVT cars get produced in the same factories as non-SVT cars. Firebirds and Camaros get shipped off to SLP to be finished, they start at one factory and roll off the line at another one.<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: Dont get so COCKY ford guys ,F-bodies will be back soon(MORE

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 84FordMan</i>
    <b> SVT (Special Vehicles Team) is the moniker of John Coletti's Special Vechicle Engineering group. SVT exists as the marketing and dealer training group, while SVE is the actual development and performance group. They are often grouped together as SVT.

SVT/SVE was born from Ford's SVO (Special Vehicle Operations) of the 1980s. In 81 SVO targeted the BMW 318i and built what is known today as the "4-banger Mustang", the 84 SVO Mustang. They used the turbocharged 4-cylinder out of the T-bird, an intercooler for the turbo, a Borg-Warner five-speed with Hurst shifter, Koni gas-charged shocks, four-wheel discs, and 16-inch wheels. While all that seems all fine and dandy, but how many American sports cars had 16" wheels on them in 1984? Only two. The SVO Mustang and the Corvette.

SVE rarely takes a car and just upgrades it, like SLP does. They often drop everything out of a car except for the exterior and rebuild it with higher quality parts or in cases like this one and the 93 to present day Cobras, they made a completely new car.

Car & Driver and many others proclaim Coletti as the savior of the Mustang, some feel the Stang would of died out if it wasn't for him. It's true. He was the one who designed the 93 Cobra to present day Cobra.

When SVT designs a vehicle from an already existing design, they give it the SVT treatment, inside and out. Performance, handling, braking and interior upgrades, all come standard with SVT vehicles. Along with the bragging rights.

Also SVT cars get produced in the same factories as non-SVT cars. Firebirds and Camaros get shipped off to SLP to be finished, they start at one factory and roll off the line at another one.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> So very true. I asked one of my friends who works on building interiors for mustangs. He said the cobras run on the same line as the GT's and the V-6 models. They are treated no different. I always thought they were built in a totally different factory then the other models. A steeda or a roush is a tuner car not a SVT. A cobra has a new engine, interior, suspension, Rear end and some exterior. Its all from the factory too. SVT is part of Ford unlike SLP.<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: Dont get so COCKY ford guys ,F-bodies will be back soon(MORE

Ok..everybody shut up....Mustang rocks...as for the Camaro they got their advantages and disadvantages....but for now Mustangs stay on top....that explains why they didn't go out of business(or whatever) like the Camaro and Firebird....and its true...the F-Bodies will be back...and when they do come back to Mustang will have more aerodynamics and better accel and speed...but as for the Camaro and Firebird...if they ever do come back..they'll still be under the Mustang...why?...cuz Mustang has prooved itself as 1 of the best selling muscle car today...actually #$%# it...its probably 1 of the best sellin muscle car...i bet nobody in this forum can name a muscle car that's been sellin more then the Mustang...no wonder Mustang has NEVER EVER had problems sellin them...cuz they are just the good...and whoever got anythin agaisn't them is probably cuz they got the idea that more HP makes better performance...WRONG...Camaro has more HP but Mustang has always been beatin it...in drag races and also in tracks...#$%# even a Skyline would own ur Camaro but i know some of y'all gonna say...of the Camaro is better then ur BOX on wheels...ya well if ur callin the Skyline a box on wheels...ur Camaro would probably suck even more cuz it could be beaten by a BOX like some ppl say...anyway....i prooved my point in this forum...Mustang will stay in business forever not like Camaro that had to be stop beein built cuz nobody wanted such a piece of shit...i understand the ppl out there...thank god Camaro went out of business...i cant stand watchin those pieces of shit drive around in the street......anyway...im gone...see y'all later...

14. Re: Dont get so COCKY ford guys ,F-bodies will be back soon(MORE

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SkylineFreak</i>
    <b>Ok..everybody shut up....Mustang rocks...as for the Camaro they got their advantages and disadvantages....but for now Mustangs stay on top....that explains why they didn't go out of business(or whatever) like the Camaro and Firebird....and its true...the F-Bodies will be back...and when they do come back to Mustang will have more aerodynamics and better accel and speed...but as for the Camaro and Firebird...if they ever do come back..they'll still be under the Mustang...why?...cuz Mustang has prooved itself as 1 of the best selling muscle car today...actually #$%# it...its probably 1 of the best sellin muscle car...i bet nobody in this forum can name a muscle car that's been sellin more then the Mustang...no wonder Mustang has NEVER EVER had problems sellin them...cuz they are just the good...and whoever got anythin agaisn't them is probably cuz they got the idea that more HP makes better performance...WRONG...Camaro has more HP but Mustang has always been beatin it...in drag races and also in tracks...#$%# even a Skyline would own ur Camaro but i know some of y'all gonna say...of the Camaro is better then ur BOX on wheels...ya well if ur callin the Skyline a box on wheels...ur Camaro would probably suck even more cuz it could be beaten by a BOX like some ppl say...anyway....i prooved my point in this forum...Mustang will stay in business forever not like Camaro that had to be stop beein built cuz nobody wanted such a piece of shit...i understand the ppl out there...thank god Camaro went out of business...i cant stand watchin those pieces of shit drive around in the street......anyway...im gone...see y'all later...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Dude you are so wrong. This is probably the first Mustang in a long time that could beat an F-Body. You don't know much man, a lot of those cars you see on the dragstrip are modified, and people do a lot of wicked things to their cars especially mustangs and f-bodies cuz they're more cost effecient then cars like your beloved skyline. I like the skyline and everything but chances are you don't own one so don't bring it up in this column. Plus do you know what made the Mustang such a hit in sales? The V6! This is what pisses me off about American cars even with F-bodies. If you are looking into buying a Mustang Camaro Firebird etc. Stay away from the V6, if you can't buy the new v8 get a used one, the V6's sell really well for mustangs, I crack up when my neigbor revs her V6 shitstang at me, when she thinks it's the baddest thing on the block. V6 mustangs and f-bodies piss me off, anyone else agree? Go for the American V8!<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: Dont get so COCKY ford guys ,F-bodies will be back soon(MORE

Ok guys, the whole thing is that you say when the F-Bodies come back that the Cobra will have better this and sleeker that...Camaro's and Trans-Am's alike will be brought back with more ferosity than ever. Lets take it from the top. 2003 Cobra has 390 hp...yeah that is all fine and good. They needed a supercharger to do it, cause they can't do it naturally aspirated. The new limited production 2002 ZL1 camaro puts 400 hp to the wheels, while the 390 is to the fly. The concept 302 Camaro puts out 435 at the wheels. By the way, the Camaro's are both naturally aspirated. The Cobra R and both of these will run around neck and neck. Then someone says something about the Boss Mustang that did 0-60 in 1.9. Yes that is quite amazing and it did beat the ZL-1 camaro. But take a finer look to it. The Boss had a 10L V-8 supercharged...while the ZL1 had an 8.2L N.A. engine and only got beat by a small margin. The 2003 Cobra will be fun to contend with and there will be their fair share of fast cars on the road. My car as is will beat them up the ass from the Ford Factory and costs less than that too. Then another person says, what about the engine size...they put a 4.6L against a 5.7L...well it is an LS-1 engine. It has restraints to keep the power down so they can sell the vette. Take the restraints out and man you got a whopping 340-350 hp stock with exception of a chip. And the real reason the Mustang sales were so damn high were from the V-6 model. Take a look at it....which mustang do you see on the road more a V-6, a GT, a Cobra, or a Saleen. Um let me think....how about a V-6. Why you ask....because the women have the perception they are getting a sports car. That is what is keeping the Mustang alive right now, that and the price is so damn low. Majority of men that want a fast sports car as of now go with F-Bodies. Email me and I will be glad to debait it with you. L8r

16. Re: Dont get so COCKY ford guys ,F-bodies will be back soon(MORE

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 11secar</i>
    <b>Ok guys, the whole thing is that you say when the F-Bodies come back that the Cobra will have better this and sleeker that...Camaro's and Trans-Am's alike will be brought back with more ferosity than ever. Lets take it from the top. 2003 Cobra has 390 hp...yeah that is all fine and good. They needed a supercharger to do it, cause they can't do it naturally aspirated. The new limited production 2002 ZL1 camaro puts 400 hp to the wheels, while the 390 is to the fly. The concept 302 Camaro puts out 435 at the wheels. By the way, the Camaro's are both naturally aspirated. The Cobra R and both of these will run around neck and neck. Then someone says something about the Boss Mustang that did 0-60 in 1.9. Yes that is quite amazing and it did beat the ZL-1 camaro. But take a finer look to it. The Boss had a 10L V-8 supercharged...while the ZL1 had an 8.2L N.A. engine and only got beat by a small margin. The 2003 Cobra will be fun to contend with and there will be their fair share of fast cars on the road. My car as is will beat them up the ass from the Ford Factory and costs less than that too. Then another person says, what about the engine size...they put a 4.6L against a 5.7L...well it is an LS-1 engine. It has restraints to keep the power down so they can sell the vette. Take the restraints out and man you got a whopping 340-350 hp stock with exception of a chip. And the real reason the Mustang sales were so damn high were from the V-6 model. Take a look at it....which mustang do you see on the road more a V-6, a GT, a Cobra, or a Saleen. Um let me think....how about a V-6. Why you ask....because the women have the perception they are getting a sports car. That is what is keeping the Mustang alive right now, that and the price is so damn low. Majority of men that want a fast sports car as of now go with F-Bodies. Email me and I will be glad to debait it with you. L8r </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Amen brother! I posted something similar about the mustangs sales and nobody responded, I doubt anyone will debate over it. Yeah everyone I know the Mustang is fast but I don't care. It's American and that's all that matters. Now the fact that I hate it is personal preference and my ole' beatup 89 IROC would contend with this car. Hey 11secar what do you drive? And what did you do to get those numbers? Those are impressive!<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: Dont get so COCKY ford guys ,F-bodies will be back soon(MORE

Thanks man, long live the immortal Camaro

2002 SS

White Dash Display with Black Numbers—129.99

Torque Thrusts II—275.00 (per rim)

Chip—

.373 gears--

**Vigilante 3400 Torque converter—735.00

Mac Headers/Ypipe/High Flow CATS with install—924.00

SLP Loud Mouth CAT Back Exhaust Dual Dual—379.99

315 Tires—

Mass Air Flow Sensor—150.00

Whisper Lid—50.00

Springs—

High Flow Induction System—999.00

Under Carriage Cold Air Induction--

Comp. CAM

18. Re: Dont get so COCKY ford guys ,F-bodies will be back soon(MORE

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 11secar</i>
    <b>Ok guys, the whole thing is that you say when the F-Bodies come back that the Cobra will have better this and sleeker that...Camaro's and Trans-Am's alike will be brought back with more ferosity than ever. Lets take it from the top. 2003 Cobra has 390 hp...yeah that is all fine and good. They needed a supercharger to do it, cause they can't do it naturally aspirated. The new limited production 2002 ZL1 camaro puts 400 hp to the wheels, while the 390 is to the fly. The concept 302 Camaro puts out 435 at the wheels. By the way, the Camaro's are both naturally aspirated. The Cobra R and both of these will run around neck and neck. Then someone says something about the Boss Mustang that did 0-60 in 1.9. Yes that is quite amazing and it did beat the ZL-1 camaro. But take a finer look to it. The Boss had a 10L V-8 supercharged...while the ZL1 had an 8.2L N.A. engine and only got beat by a small margin. The 2003 Cobra will be fun to contend with and there will be their fair share of fast cars on the road. My car as is will beat them up the ass from the Ford Factory and costs less than that too. Then another person says, what about the engine size...they put a 4.6L against a 5.7L...well it is an LS-1 engine. It has restraints to keep the power down so they can sell the vette. Take the restraints out and man you got a whopping 340-350 hp stock with exception of a chip. And the real reason the Mustang sales were so damn high were from the V-6 model. Take a look at it....which mustang do you see on the road more a V-6, a GT, a Cobra, or a Saleen. Um let me think....how about a V-6. Why you ask....because the women have the perception they are getting a sports car. That is what is keeping the Mustang alive right now, that and the price is so damn low. Majority of men that want a fast sports car as of now go with F-Bodies. Email me and I will be glad to debait it with you. L8r </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The Boss Mustang does NOT have supercharger, it has a 610ci V8

GM sells more V6 camaros too if you forgot.

19. Re: Dont get so COCKY ford guys ,F-bodies will be back soon(MORE

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from camaroking396</i>
    <b>kids please if you wanna compare these cars compare the early models such as the 67 cobra (what i own) and a 67 camaro ss those were the real sports.

todays vehicles are good for trucks. there is no room for anymore sports cars why?
    cause the governments cannot afford tohave them beating the cops all the time and that every government #%$ has at least one of each sports car from the three car companies ie. chevy ford and dodge
    but the camaro is coming back and it might not be able to beat this but i know girls won't go near i because they know it's a real mans car. have you ver seen a purple camaro?no.....
    have you seen a purple mustang?.... yes

but i have 3 more yrs on my cobra:</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Hey is that a real Cobra? Or is it an AC Cobra? Or is it a kitcar? Whatever it is all are really nice. Have you ever ran it?<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: Dont get so COCKY ford guys ,F-bodies will be back soon(MORE

Thank you for correcting the supercharger error. Upon examination of the article, you are right. Again though over a hundred horsepower less camaro was only slightly slower then the Boss. Both are beasts. I don't know where you live, but from the Central U.S. sales, the V-6 mustang is the most bought car out of the mustangs and F-Bodies (the central U.S. in total). Superchargers are not cheating also. I don't agree with putting one on there so you can have a small engine powerful. I just think that before you go and add a supercharger you should have an engine that the bark isn't half as bad as the bite. The old cars were defin. nice yes, but the new age mustangs are floundering compared to today's F-Bodies and older aged Camaro's and Mustangs alike.

21. Re: Dont get so COCKY ford guys ,F-bodies will be back soon(MORE

I would also prefer to have a 400HP NA Cobra beast, but then it would be a lot more expensive (remember this is the same supercharger lying around in Ford's parts bin from its Lightnings), and therefore isolate the intended market. If they keep the price the same or at least around 30k, supercharger or not, it's a very nice car and a very good deal in terms of HP/$$.

22. Re: Dont get so COCKY ford guys ,F-bodies will be back soon(MORE

<b> You are an idiot Lingenfelter, face it. Comparing a Z06 to this? TO THIS?! The Cobra is more aimed to compete with Corvettes, NOT THE DAMN Z06! Since your feeling so insecure, why don't you go over to the BMW Issetta forum and talk about how much your beloved Z06 can smoke that BMW and how it just cannot compete with the sheer power of the Z06. God damn your an idiot.

Want to know the reason why the Mustang sells better? Lower price and comparable, if not better, performance. Why don't you compare Corvette Coupe (NON-Z06 and NON-C5R) STOCK to this 2003 Cobra STOCK.

Price:

Corvette Coupe: $48,380
    Corba Coupe: $29,000

Winner: Cobra

Horsepower:

Corvette Coupe: 350 bhp with a 5.7L
    Cobra Coupe: 390 bhp with a 4.6L

Winnner: Cobra

Torque:

Corvette Coupe: 360 ft-lbs
    Cobra Coupe: 390 ft-lbs

Winner: Cobra

Weight:

Corvette Coupe: 3212 lbs
    Cobra Coupe: 3664 lbs

Winner: Corvette

Better Bang Per Buck: Cobra

Winner Overall: Cobra

When will you Chevy boys stop bringing out your biggest guns to compare it with someting not in it's league?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Fordman some of your specs are off again.
    The corvette coupes cost $40,000 not $48,000 that's the price of the z06. Also this car will cost $35,000 not $29,000, Duh it has a supercharger in it. Does it make any sence for ford to throw a supercharger in this car, and not raise the price from the pervious model. God for a super car guru you sure are off with specs. Also this car still can't beat the coupe, because it weight too much.
    Corvette 0-60 = 4.4 to 4.5 sec
    Svt 2003 0-60= 4.8 to 4.9 sec

Get your gt40 yet fordman ?

23. Re: Dont get so COCKY ford guys ,F-bodies will be back soon(MORE

Hey ford boy ha ha thought I was gone didn't you? wrong retard.....
    I've been sitting here wasting my time just like you do everyday, but I was reading all the posts that you have written, and dam for a ford fan you don't know a thing about them, hahah you have your own topics about you and how dumb your posts are, last one I seen was the comparison of the vette and a cobra lol, if the cobra is that great then why isn't there a big hype about it, I don't be seeing people when someone driving up going "dam you just got a mustang......wow I'm jealous" there usually laughing hysterically at the car, but don't get me wrong they wont do it in your face, cuz they don't want there driveway full of tears, is that why ford has water proof seats? for your tears? but when someone drives up in a vette or a 3000gt peoples be like "dam that a tight car I'm jealous of it" you be walking away proud and happy unlike you crying and depressed, before I go ford boy where is your truck....?

24. Re: Dont get so COCKY ford guys ,F-bodies will be back soon(MORE

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from FearThe3000gt</i>
    <b>Hey ford boy ha ha thought I was gone didn't you? wrong retard.....
    I've been sitting here wasting my time just like you do everyday, but I was reading all the posts that you have written, and dam for a ford fan you don't know a thing about them, hahah you have your own topics about you and how dumb your posts are, last one I seen was the comparison of the vette and a cobra lol, if the cobra is that great then why isn't there a big hype about it, I don't be seeing people when someone driving up going "dam you just got a mustang......wow I'm jealous" there usually laughing hysterically at the car, but don't get me wrong they wont do it in your face, cuz they don't want there driveway full of tears, is that why ford has water proof seats? for your tears? but when someone drives up in a vette or a 3000gt peoples be like "dam that a tight car I'm jealous of it" you be walking away proud and happy unlike you crying and depressed, before I go ford boy where is your truck....?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Dude if you were reading all his posts like you said you were, you'd realize he's working on a project or plans to atleast work on an F-body. He's proud of his truck so leave him alone. He only defends this car when people make wrong or stupid comments. Shit he's even put me on the spot pointing that this isn't a supercharged car it has a Roots-Type blower, both work differently. Don't get to excited Mustang boys, I'm only defending fordman not your car, It's fast but I still hate it. But like I always say if you need help defending American Muscle just ask. Long live the Muscle car. And oh yeah, a 3000gt doesn't constitute as a Muscle car. Too damn heavy for a Japansese car if you ask me...<!-- Signature -->

25. Re: Dont get so COCKY ford guys ,F-bodies will be back soon(MORE

i'm not going to get really in to this so i'm just going to say what i'm going to say:.....i'm a Ford guy, and mustangs are my fav. car. mustangs have 280cid. engines and have performance like camaros.
    mustang-280cid.-260hp., 0-60- 5.6/6.0sec.
    camaroZ28-350cid.-285-300hp,0-60- 5.2/5.6

(and don't say a damn thing about the camaro z28 doing faster
    i'm not including camaro SS's.)
    mustangs are on the rise even as you read this. getting faster,
    lighter(need to get a whole lot lighter,LOL),quicker,sleaker.
    all with 280 cid. engines. chevy uses 350's and is doing damn well, damn i have 2002 corvette z06, and it kicks ass. i beat mustangs all the time!...but lately i have found it's getting harder to beat them.mustangs are starting to bring back that old fashioned performance.if Ford decides to start putting 351 windsor engines in
    (which i heard their planning on doing),it will get even harder for chevy. i hav'nt said that mustangs are better,but sooner or later,chevy is going to be play'n the catch up game.