TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ THIS!

Discussion in '1988 Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette' started by rossWal, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

Bottomline is that the VTTT looks way better than this or any vette
    and which car would you rather be driving,I pick the Lamborghini!
    Who gives a shit about the vette's(claimed) top speed it's NOT a production car,but a prototype,if they only made one and are/were
    custom made upon ordering one that's not production.
    Production is like the Mclaren F1,they made 100 examples,sold them all and it went 240mph(stock),now if you were to tune it up like they did to this vette here it would go way past the Vette's claimed 255mph,lol.

2. Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

One problem... the Mclaren F1 doesn't go 240 mph stock.

3. Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

Bottomline is that I have a video that says it does,lol and oh yes it is stock alright too!Go to KazaA,if you have it and search for Mclaren,you'll find it(Mclaren F1 world record run,240mph)And again it's stock,unlike this tuned one off pos!lol

4. Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

First off I have to say, you have to be the dumbest kid on this site. I've seen now several of you're posts almost all consist of "domestics just suck!", can't even give any reason just a mindless insult.

Next, I also saw that video, and maybe you should notice that he's looking at the speedometer that’s in the car, which if you want to go by that the Sledgehammer did a speed much higher then 255mph.

Please lets also hear some more mindless rambling from you, perhaps that Corvettes suck because the have such a low hp/l ratio right?

Or wait, no I know how dumb of kid you must be lets get right into it you’re main insult of domestics is “They are heavy, can’t handle, and always break down”.

5. Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

What makes you so damn sure that they could make it go way past 255 unh?

Porsche tried and failed, hell Ferrari tried and ended up recording a slower top speed then the stock version with their F40.

6. Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

A lack of a Rev-limiter in a non-production prototype hardly constitutes stock.

7. Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

You want reasons dickhead here goes,American cars are built cheap that's why they're cheap,they have low technology no kind of class they do break down often,look at the vette's interior for example, and Americans are still behind the Europeans and Asians in(car) techonolgy.Also I hate the style of American cars,not just their engines but their car's appearences as well,just not my style so I don't like them.I don't like pushrods ,give me something with dohc variable-valve timing 5 valves per cylinder for example that's an engine.
    And since when is sharing your opinion make you dumb?
    I don't like American cars,never did,never will and if you don't like it too #$%#ing bad!
    And in my opnion they suck,hell I wish they didn't even exist or they'd stop making them or something,lol.

8. Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

I will try to explain it again this time so maybe even you can understand it,if it goes 240mph stock(Mclaren f1)what's so hard about making it go at least 16 mph more to beat the vette?
    And who said anything(refering to the other dude)about or do you have any proof that they disconnected the rev limiter,and even so,show me a stock(production) american car that could do 240mph with only a disconnected rev limiter,lol.Thought so!
    Anyways that's beside the point,my point was or is that the mclaren f1 could take out this vette if mildy tuned.
    And there would most likely be more than one because unlike this,people actualy bought the Mclaren,lol.

9. Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

Yes,yes very intelligent.

-sarcasm

10. Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

first off i have to say that you're one dumb kid,'cause you're dumb and a kid and i'ma keep saying dumb 'cause that's the only wordi know that's even remotley insulting,

That's what you sound like shut up!

You keep saying"i'ma a dumb kid" but can't give me reasons as to why i'm so dumb?lol

Oh wait I think I know now,I must be dumb because I don't like American cars right?Because according to you everybody thatdoesn't like what you like are dumb is that right?I get it now ok,well I got news for you dickhead,people like what they wanna like and dislike what ever the #$%# they wanna dislike!

11. Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

Ok Again there is a rev limiter in the test and it's not a "prototype"it's a production car,Jesus!Are there any intelligent lifeforms in here!~?

12. Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

What makes you dumb, simple, you go on and on about how they suck, you claim they all break down all the time. **** my friend has had an 88 vette, and it still runs smooth, what's the most he's repaired the clutch!
    You want to talk about what always breaking down? Maybe you should take a better look at you're precious Ferrari.

What so bad about their technology, can you say anything specific? Once again mindless rambling, GM has managed to make a Corvette that has the performance to match and beat a 360, yet still at the same time is way better on fuel, I think that’s pretty damn good.

And about the interior, who gives a damn, you want great interior go buy a luxury car.

And what the hell is wrong with SOHC? Does that make it low tech? Gee I guess you also think the likes of Rolls-Royce is crap as well unh, and wait here we have the 2003 Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG another piece of crap right?

13. Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

And let me try to explain this to you, since you seem to be a bit slow, here goes......

Look at what happened with the Ferrari F40, why couldn't they just get it to top the speed of the stock version unh?
    Just because you add a bunch of mods doesn't mean you're always going to get better top speed.

BTW lets also not forget the age gap between a Mclaren and an 88 Vette.

14. Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

Yeah I'm sure you have a freind that has a vette and it never broke down,riight.The only problem is that'88 vette is probably worth about 7grand right now,whereas an entry level(v8 engine 328 GTS)Ferrari from that
    era is still worth about 40grand,lol.And I don't like luxury cars nor was I talking about luxury,but look at a Ferrari's interior(still not luxury car) and comapre that with the vette's.
    I told you what's so bad about American technology it's low-technology,I mean if that's not bad I don't know what is?
    I don't like big bored engines with pushrods and shit like that,I like modern technology in my cars.And I never said sohc was bad,but dohc is better. example about dohc with variable valve timing,5 valves per cylinder etc..was to show you what i'm talking about,and those are the best types of engines.

15. Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

What F40 are you talking about?Can you say that again only this time make sense?Now you wanna talk about who's"dumb" I think you're the
    dumb ass here,thinking that oh why should technology improve or evolv
    let's keep making the same engines we built in the 60's.That's a very stupid form of thinking and you damn muscle car people need to realize that.

16. Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

Tell me and the rest of us how a "V8 twin turbor" beat a V12......... i dont know but its really ackward that something like that could happen.. A corvette beign the fastest car out there...i dont think so... im a Lamborghini fan... and i know lamborghini is not the fastest either .... but please tell me how a v8 beat a v12 ...and theres not much differece in the horsepower to also give me proof........ the lambo can also get up to 1200horsepower but please tell me...

17. Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

18. Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

He's refferring to the F40 designed for the exact same contest the Sledgehammer was intended for. It was designed for top speed and prepared by Ferrari. Despite more horsepower and torque than a stock f40, it indeed went several mph SLOWER. The point is, high top speed is hard to achieve and mods with more hp doesn't necessarily mean it'll suddenly gain 12mph faster.

As for technology, you can talk out of your ass about how American engines are low-tech, and at the end of the day leave still not knowing WHY. Give me a GOOD example of, all else being equal, that dohc is indeed better than sohc. you sound like someone who picked out a quote from a magazine and goes about repeating it in every forum. "Oh SOHC is so low tech" what a bullshit attitude. The engineers at Chevy know more about engines and cars in general than you could ever hope to know, and I think they made a good decision. Look at the LS6; Can you honestly tell me even one bad thing about it without using the words "pushrod", "dohc" or "displacement"? If you say it's low-tech, I'd like real reasons. "It burns too much fuel could be an example, but we all know the LS6 is more fuel efficient than any current Ferrari...

19. Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

Said it perfectly..........

And what you were saying about the price between a Vette and a Ferrari, lets see why is it the Ferrari is always going to be worth more. Maybe its because they don't build as many Ferraris as they do Vettes, maybe because they are "EXOTICS". Buddy you think the likes of a Mosler and Saleen decrease so rapidly?

Now once again I'm going to ask you what so low tech about the Vette? The Z06 engine is amazing, light, powerful, and great on fuel. I'm sorry but you don't consider an engine that can give you the power to beat a Ferrari, yet at the same time still consume less gas, an example of GM using technology?!

Finally, what the #$%# is the same about the Vette's engine in the 60s compared to now?! Damn in 88 they had a 245hp engine now they have one that’s over 400hp, buddy they are a lot different now, because they add new "Technology".

And if you didn't know about the F40, perhaps next time before you enter a forum about a specific car like this, maybe you should do you're homework dumbass! Both Porsche and Ferrari attempted to make a top speed street legal car and neither could come even close to what Callaway made.

AntiDomestic, you don't even know anything about either types of cars (domestic or foreign), can you even tell me what the real advantages are between SOHC and DOHC, and vice-versa? Americans arn't the only ones that use SOHC and imports arn't the only cars you'll find with DOHC engines.

Like I said before you're just a dumb kid.

20. Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

In not so many words...."WHOOP DE DOOOO!!", it's still a Chevy....

21. Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

Those were just the words of AntiDomestic, and as his name would suggest, he's not the most open-minded member in these forums.

22. Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

Your mom is Dumb,#$%# you #%$got~!What's so low tech about the vette,it needs #$%#ing 5.7Liters to compete with a 3.6Liter Ferrari
    (360 Modena)Do you think the z06 would stand a chance if it were only a 3.6Liter engine?Hell no it wouldn't because that's all America
    knows how to do is bore the engine up,and "wow look at us,we are high tech now"Imagine if the Modena was 5.7L with the same technology
    as the little 3.6L engine,meaning Dohc,5 valves per cylinder,variable valve timing and the same 85000rpm redline!It would not only destroy the vette,but it would kill other cars too,like SALEEN S7 as well.So when you say what's so bad about American cars,thatr's just it the fact that instead of technology they have to use the biggest #$%#ing engine they could make and throw it into a shit box on wheels(viper)and wowwhat a great car,it needs 8Liters to compete with a Modena how pathetic!

and who gives a flying #$%# how fast this vette(sopposedly)goes,it's still only a chevy,VTTT is a million times better than this pile anyways!lol

23. #123 SeansVette, Feb 11, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

Vette,
    Allow me.

"Your mom is Dumb,#$%# you #%$got~!"

Your mom jokes? Write back when you're old enough to drive.

"it needs #$%#ing 5.7Liters to compete with a 3.6Liter Ferrari"

Wow. Let's see. The engineers at Ferrari had a $150,000 budget to work with. The engineers at General Motors had a $40,000 budget. Who gives a flying fxck about liters anyway?

"Do you think the z06 would stand a chance if it were only a 3.6Liter engine?"

(IF) if were only a 3.6 liter engine? (IF) my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

"as the little 3.6L engine,meaning Dohc,5 valves per cylinder,variable valve timing and the same 85000rpm redline!It would not only destroy the vette"

You obviously are a complete idiot when it comes to engines. It's much easier to rev a smaller engine to high RPM. That's why it's also easier to get high HP/Liter from a small engine. It also helps that again, the engineers at Ferrari had almost FOUR TIMES THE BUDGET that General Motors had when they designed the C5 Corvette.

You want to know why Ford, GM and Dodge use large displacement? It's because we WANT larger displacement engines you moron! I could rip on you all day long, but this post is getting long. So I'll leave you with a quote from the Society of Automotive Engineers.

http://www.sae.org/automag/bestcar/10.htm
    Best Engineered Car of the 20th Century
    1999 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible

24. Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

Wait, last I checked Ferrari did indeed have a 5.7 litre engine, and does it make 100hp/l? Nope. It's obviously a very heavy engine, I mean look at the 575 Maranello, 3800lbs? That's the same as Ferrari's "luxury" (stretching the term here) car.

A modena with a 5.7L would destroy a Saleen S7?! Yeah more weight + less power + less race design seems to equal faster lap times.

"they have to use the biggest #$%#ing engine they could make and throw it into a shit box on wheels"

Oh really? Try taking a look at the Shelby series 1. 525 hp from a 4 litre engine. Seems to me that has a higher hp/l ratio than you precious 360 Modena.

The rest of your post was simply too childish to comment on.

25. #125 gsolinas, Feb 12, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

Ok I’d rather not get back into this since it’s too time consuming and I’ve said my piece time and time again anyway but there are a number of references to an F40 that went slower than it was supposed to at a test that Callaway was supposed to be at. That car had engine troubles due to the modifications. On this site you can read about one that performed as expected and in fact beat the 959.

http://www.fortunecity.com/silverstone/lancia/58/959/959_9.htm

There was also a comment earlier about Autoweek proving the Sledge to be the fastest in the world. Let it be known Autoweek was commenting on the exact same test everyone already knew about in Ohio…its not like they did a secondary test.

Anyway…it seems the topic of this thread has shifted to the 360 vs. Z06 argument, and again price is being used as an argument.

a) price comes from production costs and availability (ie. a model with 350 others produced will be valued higher than one with 15,000 matching models).

b) read the R&T test result post, the Z06 should work on out handling the Mitsubishis before they set their sites on Ferrari. Uh oh, the Mitsubishi is cheaper than the Z06 too! Guess this throws American automotive fans arguments right out the window.