What would you rather have this or a Ferrari Barchetta?

Discussion in '2002 Lamborghini Murciélago' started by rex4ev, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: What would you rather have this or a Ferrari Barchetta?

I recently read a 6 page comparrison and the murcielago came out on top, it does use an extra 6 litres of fuel per 100 km though

2. Re: What would you rather have this or a Ferrari Barchetta?

I would rather have the Ferrari but if you give me both to test drive your not getting either one back!!!

3. Re: What would you rather have this or a Ferrari Barchetta?

I already have this car.......and i LOVE IT!!! lol i think i would still like to get a ferrari but not the Barchetta..i think i would rather get the 360 spider....

4. Re: What would you rather have this or a Ferrari Barchetta?

Actually, I'd choose a third option: The TVR Tuscan S. It has a better power:weight ratio than either one and, as a result, can out-accelerate and out-brake both of them. Plus, the Lambo has 4WD which is inherently less efficient than a 2WD system.

Don't get me wrong, the Murc is a nice car in many ways (though, like all Lamborghini and Ferrari cars, seriously overpriced) and Lamborghini's legendary V-12 is one of the great engines ever made. The problem is that the vehicle is simply too heavy. Audi have paid insufficient attention to keeping the weight down. Anyone can make a heavy sports car, but only the great companies can stay within a cat's whisker of the magic number: one metric ton (1000kg).

See how the cars rank...

3rd place: Ferrari 550 Barchetta: 485bhp / 1690kg = 286 bhp/ton
    2nd place: Lambo: 580bhp / 1650kg = 351 bhp/ton

The winner: TVR Tuscan S: 400bhp / 1080kg = 370 bhp/ton.

In terms of raw power, the TVR come close to the the Ferrari F50 which makes 388 bhp/ton - and at a fraction of the cost.

5. Re: What would you rather have this or a Ferrari Barchetta?

Honda NSX R... not fast on striats but sure smokes the lambo on the twists and turns... yep...

6. Re: What would you rather have this or a Ferrari Barchetta?

Uh, this.

7. Re: What would you rather have this or a Ferrari Barchetta?

I like the Lambo better. Beautiful design, nice engine.

8. Re: What would you rather have this or a Ferrari Barchetta?

9. Re: What would you rather have this or a Ferrari Barchetta?

Though I really like this car and deffinately I'd prefer it more than a 550 Barchetta Pininfarina; I think Lamborghini should lay off making something too Mouse-looking and concentrate on designs like the Countach Anniversario.

10. Re: What would you rather have this or a Ferrari Barchetta?

Get a life man, German cars have no style. All Italian cars have style and flare, far more than a humble Merc or Porsche. And I'd take the Lambo!

11. Re: What would you rather have this or a Ferrari Barchetta?

both

12. Re: What would you rather have this or a Ferrari Barchetta?

Go the the #$%#ing hell with your stupid horse, instead of, you must see a perfect bull, a real beatiful car like murcielago, not a car done by a dummie like a Ferrari,

13. Re: What would you rather have this or a Ferrari Barchetta?

The only thing the Ferrari has over this is the design. Too bad the Murcialago doesn't look much like the Diablo, which was easily the most badass looking car for its time. Besides that, the Murcialago is basically superior in every way. So yeah, I'll take this.

Or, I could save about $130,000, buy a Ford GT, and smoke the living shit out of both these cars...

14. Re: What would you rather have this or a Ferrari Barchetta?

I would rather take a lamborghini over a ferrari any day, im a lamborghini/fighter jets die hard fan. if the lamborghini was a fighter jet it would be the new f22 raptor and the ferrari enzo would be an su37 fighter a russian jet

15. Re: What would you rather have this or a Ferrari Barchetta?

lambo, it looks much better, its performance is better, oh, and ITS A LAMBORGHINI MURCIELAGO!!!!!!

16. Re: What would you rather have this or a Ferrari Barchetta?

this!

17. Re: What would you rather have this or a Ferrari Barchetta?

I´d take Murcielago, no questions asked.
    I saw one of these beauties in Rome, and...oh hell, it is perfect. Maybe a little bit too heavy, but still the numero uno.