Re: Corvette VS NSX

Discussion in '2003 Chevrolet Corvette 50th Anniversary' started by Gamer55, Aug 9, 2002.

1. i hear all this talk about the vettes cheap looking interior and plastic but if you could buy a vette i dont think youd be worried about how the interior looks like your looking to go smoke some poor bastard in an import with thier big rear wing on thier FWD car and fart exhausts and glowing neon lights.<!-- Signature -->

2. Prestige?
    from a Honda?

your on pills
    a crappy jap car made in India or thailand?

Exotic?
    a car that loses its value liek crazy
    that testers called so boring its like driving a Honda civic?

what history does honda have?
    hat honour
    buying ferraris lamborghinis and porsches and pulling them apart to copy to make the NSX

let me guess yoru asian right?

3. The Australian Wheels magazine said it best

The NSX is not a poor mans Ferrari
    Its a rich mans civic

as exotic as a Lada amd Moskovitch

4. so you think that just to get a V8 it's worth paying more? You do know that the fastest production car ever built has a 3.2L Horizontally opposed 6, right? Do you also realize that EVEN AMERICAN companies have settled on a standard engine for Commercial trucks, and guess what? That standard engine is what? A FRICKIN INLINE 6, funny, if V8's are so much better, you'd think that they would use V8's for a vehicle designed to have 500lbft torque and 500hp, that has to frequently haul as much, and occasionally more than 70tonnes of cargo up and down mountains wherein engine longevity is the most important aspect.

for $30,000 more you get engineering and quality, two things not particularly key features on either the Corvette or the Viper....well, not to the same degree anyway. For the additional $30,000 you get an exceptionally well executed car, that may appear timid judging by its numbers, but delivers astounding performance in reality.

and as far as .5 seconds goes....more like .0 seconds...avg. standing start in a 2002 NSX-R delivers 4.2 seconds to 100km/h, which is a pretty standard time for the Z06, sure, the Z06 is capable of accelerating faster from a standing start, but the NSX-R will more consistently do it in 4.2 seconds. The Z06 accelerates so quickly because of sheer power alone (something quite achievable on any car, that any company can achieve quite easily), the NSX does it because of power, power delivery, TCS, gearing, and a whole slew of key features of the car working in conjunction, in short, engineering is what makes it so quick.

With the NSX you get an exceptionally well executed car, that is quick and handles well, with the Z06 you get brute power and handling, I'll pay more for the engineering any day.

The Viper will NOT blow the NSX-R out of the water on a good track, nice try bucko.

Yeah, the Camaro SS is a sweet car (personally I liked the Camaro's up to 79, and the new one coming out in 2008, but all the years in between suck donkey nutz), so sweet in fact, that a very basic WRX family sedan will smoke it in the 1/4 mile, man that SS is SOOOOOO awesome....

I agree though, the Camaro is a whole lot better than the new eclipse....the eclipse was only good between the years of 1990 and 1998.

5. The NSX has a higher top speed than the Z06, so ur precious caprice would have kept on the Z06's ass too.

Just because the driver wasn't very smart, and sucked at driving, doesn't mean the car sucks.

Just out of curiosity, have you seen Getaway in Stockholm 3? A driver of a stock (Honda) NSX antagonizes and gets away from an entire city worth of police with little difficulty whatsoever, he even outruns a chase helicopter (not in speed, but by outmaneuvering it). It is all real, it is a snuff film put on dvd, the producers were kept secret.

6. I own a matchbox NSX ;P.

it does not win every car comparison, stop being so narcissistic.

7. #282 Ford rulez, Oct 8, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    it is not, it pulls much harder than the LS1 in all gears, not as hard as the LS6 of course, but it does pull harder than the LS1

Not to mention the NSX does have a higher top speed than both the Corvette and Camaro (the taller gearing easily explaining the lag in acceleration beyond 100)

8. Mountain roads dumbass, who ever said anything about racing through public streets? even straight line racing is just plain idiotic and dangerous on crowded public city streets, and anyone who does it deserves to be de-limbed.

The NSX has undergone numerous evolutionary changes over the years, but the basic design is still there because it is an exceptionally good design.

No, the NSX doesn't go through tires very fast, how could it with such an effective TCS? the NSX is about the ONLY car I would drive with the TCS on at all times (exceptionally well designed TCS system, amazing for acceleration, handling, AND mundane daily driving)

With regards to what was said above about the Lingenfelter Corvette and trying to get that kind of performance out of the NSX, well, 1000hp can be achieved out of the NSX's engine quite reliably, and it performs amazingly well too, the performance from a 1000hp NSX is considerably better than that of a 1000hp lingenfelter Corvette.

9. he said nothing about it being highly modded, he said it was very lightly tuned.

10. In what way is the NSX a "copycat"?

The NSX is entirely original in conception, design, and manufacture.

your chevelle will absolutely NOT eat a Vette, nor any of those other cars mentioned, I realize you may be referring to drag racing, and that your Chevelle may be heavily modified (It would not compare stock), but honestly, as an all round performer, every one of those cars you proclaimed it could eat, would in fact dine on it in as an entree, defecate it out, and smear it into the ground.

11. I find it quite humourous how you ever so thoroughly stick up for domestics when (what you perceive to be) BS is spouted off, yet you NEVER, EVER stick up for an import (be it JDM, Euro, or whatever) when BS is claimed respectively, you'll so fervently call someone on "BS" if it knocks a domestic, but turn a blind eye to someone spouting off blatant BS against an import in the very next post.

You should perhaps try being a little less partial in your posting endeavours.

12. no mulletman, YOU are the ignorant one.

Sure, the original derivative of the term rice, came in reference to Japanese cars, though not in reference to what you claim, but in fact in reference to the stupid, non-performance enhancing modifications people started making to Japanese cars, since it began with Japanese cars, of course it was coined as "rice", however ricers everywhere (though not yet ricers by definition, they were at heart), began doing so to domestics, european cars, etc. and thus, now, the term rice does in fact refer to ANY modification on ANY car that does absolutely nothing for enhancing performance, but is there to look like it does.

for example, that ugly, non-functional hoodscoop on your sunfire = RICE

13. so....what you're saying is, that with exception of when he has the nitrous opened right up, he only has 106 hp?

in other words, when he runs out of nitrous after 20 or so passes, he is running just like any other stock civic cx? That's weak man, very weak.

14. you're joking right? a stock NSX-T runs nearly a full second quicker than a Camaro SS, CONSISTENTLY.

15. actually that's the best way to become a huge manufacturer, make cheap stuff. Why do you think China's so successful with their "made in china" toys?

16. #291 Ford rulez, Oct 10, 2007
    gee, he's not on that site, and there is no pic....

stop being such a nay-sayer, both your guy's own Z06's, and both of them have differing opinions, just accept that not every vette owner is going to be happy with the car.

17. um, right, considering for 6k you can make an EF Civic DX run mid to low 11's, $20k will get you closer to 9 seconds dumbass.

ROFLMFAO!!!! a stock Camaro running 11.5....gimme a break LMFAO Ha ha ha ha ha, that was too good buddy....try low 13's, then people will believe you.

18. Don't bother with him, bigrob is a fool who spouts off BS like he needs it to get his mom off crack, in short, he's a nothing but a GM fanboi who would go to such great lengths to better people's opinion of GM, that if cutting off his own hand would accomplish said task, he'd do it. He lies through his teeth.

bigrob: yes, GM does rank third in the world for initial reliability, but for longterm, they are somewhat akin to a late 80's Hyundai, Yes, even JD Power has said this in reports on long term quality/.

19. OMFG, a one off is absolutely NOT a production car!!!!!!

Not only that, but the Sledgehammer is entirely irrelevant to this discussion....

Do I come in to Z06 debates and say "you people consistently fail to MENTION (note the correct spelling of "mension") the Dauer 962 LeMans"????? No I do not (btw the 962LeMans IS production, came out just 4 yrs. later than the sledgehammer was built, has a marginally higher top speed, is faster in every other aspect, etc etc..

and NO, it was NOT production, it was commercially available, but the Sledgehammer was NOT production.

20. OMFG, a one off is absolutely NOT a production car!!!!!!

Not only that, but the Sledgehammer is entirely irrelevant to this discussion....

Do I come in to Z06 debates and say "you people consistently fail to MENTION (note the correct spelling of "mension") the Dauer 962 LeMans"????? No I do not (btw the 962LeMans IS production, came out just 4 yrs. later than the sledgehammer was built, has a marginally higher top speed, is faster in every other aspect, etc etc..

and NO, it was NOT production, it was commercially available, but the Sledgehammer was NOT production.

oh, and might I mention, that the LS6 is quite small for its displacement, so your point about the car being big enough is irrelevant.

Whoever brings up a Veyron in a Corvette thread is...well, let's just say they're competing in the special olympics (even though they're right, they're still retarded), and you are retarded for bringing up such supercars in this thread.

21. #296 Ford rulez, Oct 10, 2007
    that's not stock dumbass.

22. OMG you never cease to amaze people with ur stupidity....

first off, there is very little plastic in the NSX (none in the NSX-R), it's expensive because it's entirely hand built, among other things, and no, it's not a mass produced supercar (handbuilt, remember?) in fact I believe the factory at which they are made, puts out about 4 per day, if my memory serves correct. if you want Japan's idea of a mass produced supercar, look at the RX-7, Skyline, Supra, etc.

With just a 6 cylinder, the Tommy Kiara ZZII would absolutely rape the Z06 in any performance aspect.

Japan doesn't ship "all these little 4 and 6 bangers" over here, they have factories here in North America, and produce them right here on this side of the pond.

The numbers do NOT in any way make the NSX look like the Corvette's little #%[email protected], the numbers for the Z06 are BARELY better than the NSX's, as in NOT EVEN FULL SECOND DIFFERENCES, and the NSX-R (which is what SHOULD be compared to the Z06) has quite comparable numbers, when hitting the track, the NSX would likely be resolute.

Many Magazine's have reviewed the NSX's reliability, and EVERY SINGLE REVIEW marvels at how reliable the NSX is for an exotic. The Camaro is nearly a full second slower than the NSX-T in the 1/4, even though it is designed for the 1/4, while the NSX is not. so no, TA's and Camaro's would far from "rape" an NSX.

The NSX is just fine the way it is, and it is NOT in any way overpriced.

23. LMFAO, no it couldn't, it's about a full second slower retard.

24. they meant that it's unique, it's Honda's version of a super car, not Honda's version of a ferrari.

25. wow, 5 days to read through and reply to all the threads in this topic, cool....granted I only spent 20min. to an hour each day.