The Game Thread XXXII

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by catphish, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Wasn't that suppose to come out in Fall 2008?

2. yeah, there was a much more hopeful article talking about the game, but i have little hope it will be out any time soon, so i picked this less optimistic one.

the demo's they showed a few years ago was amazing... but i fear its going to be one of those games that when it finally comes out it will be far from what they originally advertised it.

also Welcome Back DivineRage, noticed you popping up on Live earlier.

3. Thanks, I've been mostly hooked to Rock Band 2 lately, but I learned that we cant buy the AC/DC pack here in Quebec since the package is labeled in English only, (stupid rule 101).

But yeah, in other news I finally (!!!) managed to get my hands on a Wii Fit. Been looking for one for like, 3 months.

It's not as good as an actual workout at the gym, but since my schedule doesn't allow me to go there, it'll do the job nicely.

4. #329 SmilinGoat, Mar 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/28/gdc09-designing-a-mass-effect-2-level-in-video/

********************spoilers**********************

This is a link to 2 short developer videos of ME2, very early stages so little to see.

however there is a new *as of right now* system showing your shields/overheating.

also my girlfriend was quick to note that the asari nissana(or whatever) is a character from the original, from the sidequest where you go help someone find their sister *or some shit*

she knows this game way too well...

5. #330 DivineRage, Mar 28, 2009
  6. #331 DivineRage, Mar 28, 2009
  7. thats unfortunate...

8. sony should cave in and charge a fee like xbox live, since live is pulling more and more away.

9. IMO that would be their best bet.

Its either that, or keep charging the developers and end up losing some (maybe a lot) of DLC/demos/etc. Or simply shut down PSN, which is definitely not a good idea.

10. So yeah I'm thinking of buying a new X360 game.

Kind of hesitating between Star Ocean and Resident Evil 5.

Any comments on either game?

11. #336 Innotech, Mar 28, 2009

might want to reconsider.

12. #337 DivineRage, Mar 28, 2009

BAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

Holy shit that's #$%#in' comedy! Seriously, that's like, 100%, pure, unedited BAD ACTING. Can't imagine how embarrassed I would be if I were watching the beginning of that scene and my parents walked in my room.

So, are the RE5 controls as bad as I heard they were? Does it ruin the game?

13. I havent played RE5 but after playing the wii version of RE4 I really want another one with those controls. To me those are the dsefinitive controls because they were implemented very well. But osme people just dontl ike motion controls so I think they should just leave the Re4 style controls alone because they were good in all versions (Wii or GCN/Ps2)

14. #339 SmilinGoat, Mar 29, 2009
    ho-ly shit.

seriously, how does this game sell so well?

15. #340 catphish, Mar 29, 2009

16. GTR Evolution

17. I'm going to take this opportunity to say how awesome it is that ammo weighs nothing in Fallout.

18. Need 360 games only.

19. #344 Worked, Mar 29, 2009
    I went to EB games on Friday with my voucher and spotted a two for $70 games sale, so I picked up Beautiful Katamari and Gears of War for $70! That's $30 less than what I was going to pay for Beautiful Katamari alone.

20. My friend heard me b!tching about this, so he bought me a one year Gold Membership for my birthday! I have excellent friends.

21. im game for forza 2 tonight if anyone else is.

22. Star Ocean 4 isn't as good as Lost Odyssey or Tales of Vesperia. Watch the Gametrailers video review of them all, and decide which you prefer.

RE5 is the shortest game and I personally find the controls infuriating.

23. Eugh the online setup on FIFA 09 is even worse than 08, and it didn't seem like that would be #$%#ing possible.

24. Eugh the online setup on FIFA 09 is even worse than 08, and it didn't seem like that would be #$%#ing possible.