2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

Discussion in '2000 Lingenfelter 650 Corvette' started by A Buddha, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

2. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

well u r happy with people tuning skylines supras etc but not eveyone has the budget for it, modifying cars is all about individuality and if it makes you happy its fine, a lot of poeple who modifycars have to take fiestas etc for insurance purposes.
    some people like music so they have all the ICE but others likeperformance which is when u end up with things like dubsports golfs.
    and as for exterior styling would you prefer a normal civic or a veilside or wings wst kitted one.

so your real argument is that you dont like people who cant afford supercars, thats just being stupid

3. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

and whats wrong with cruisers?

4. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

i dont have the budget to tune Skylines or Supras, so what do i do?...i go out and buy an old MR2 Turbo for about £5k, 200hp stock, and i leave it just the way it is (i havent, im just saying i would)

if i cant afford the insurance i'll buy an old CRX or something, and leave it just the way it is, maybe if im feeling generous i'll buy some new rims, not too big, maybe 16s to make it look smart

what i do NOT do is buy some heap of shit shopping cart and spray it some queer-ass colour then put some stupid plastic moulded body kit on it, then cruise around trying to get people to notice me in my gay little car

i dont like cruisers because i dont like posers, i know the sort of people that do it, i used to go to school with a few, they know f*ck all about cars, they just talk the talk

a Scooby driver should not associate himself with such people...and by the way, id MUCH rather have a stock Civic than one with an aftermarket body kit. After market tuning, now thats a different matter.

5. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

"i dont like cruisers because i dont like posers, i know the sort of people that do it, i used to go to school with a few, they know f*ck all about cars, they just talk the talk"

so u dont like people with ferraris lambos, vettes etc cos they are just showing they have money (posers) most of them never drive the cars how they should
    and not all of us know fock all about cars.

"After market tuning, now thats a different matter."

WTF! its still modifying so are u trying to say Trial, Jun, Lingenfelter etc are exempt cos they all do the bodykits but u not gonna complain about them are you?

and you havent said what the problem is with cruisers, have u ever been to one?

6. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

Yeah, well I HAVE, and I agree 100% with what Chicane posted about them.

The difference between a Honda with a body kit and a Lingenfelter 650 horsepower Corvette with a body kit is... well, the 650 horsepower. You're gonna put a big old wing on a Honda... why? To provide downforce on the set of tires that ISN'T driving the car?

Even a rich, snobby-ass prick with a Ferarri or a Lambourghini atlest knows his car is FAST, even if he doesn't know anything about it in particular. He doesn't strut around saying, "yeah, my car does 10's. It's cool." when all it has is an aftermarket cold-air intake and a rediculous plastic wing on the back.

There are some Honda-loving Friday night-cruising blokes who have fast cars who's bite is as bad as their annoying, whining,
    4-cylinder bark. The rest are, like he said, just posers.

7. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

ive never been to a gay bar but i sure as hell know i wouldnt like it, i dont need to go to a cruise, i see them on TV, i see the pile of shit cars there are, i see the morons who drive them at 70mph in a 30 zone because apparently its "cool"

Lingenfelter do nice subtle styling tweeks, along with Brabus, Schnitzer etc, they start with a decent car and make it faster, there lies the difference. I like Supras but the 1 in the Fast n the Furious (for example) looked shit - the yellow R33 which never raced was much better.

i dont like Ferrari/Lambo owners if they only buy the car to pose...and as for individuality, i could go and buy a Civic and smash it to bits with a sledgehammer, making it unique....does that make it better than a normal Civic?

8. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

ok so you dont approve of underpowerd cars having bodykits? or would you still complain if it was something like a Top Secret supra with wide arches, bg wing and bumpers?
    there is only one person i know of that struts around saying his car can do 10 sec and its a 650+bhp R33 skyline and ive seen it happen.

y put a big wing on a civic , its for looks, these people know its gonna have no aerodynamic effect. And if u think thats stupid they have wheelie bars on FRONT wheel dragsters! how the #$%# does that help?

9. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

ive never been to a gay bar but i sure as hell know i wouldnt like it, i dont need to go to a cruise, i see them on TV, i see the pile of shit cars there are, i see the morons who drive them at 70mph in a 30 zone because apparently its "cool"

well if u had a proper lok the cars are not shite its just that you only think fast cars that are mega money are good (what do u drive anyway)

and secondly u r getting confused now, the idiots doing 70 in 30 zones are NOT cruisers they are street racers and neither me or Max Power condone that.

again u go bak to the argument that people should only mod cars if they can afford expensive ones, not everyone has 100k to spend on brabus, linenfelter cars, and the bodykits they do are outrageously priced

and about the mashed civic, there are plenty of them about.

10. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

that civic is exactly what im talking about, a pile of shit

how much for the civic + paint + rims + bodykit + stereo?

and u say not everyone can afford a decent car?...i bet i could find a '94 Supra for £10,000. 325hp stock, wanna race me in your sparkly honda now?

i dont have a car right now, i borrow my mothers Citroen ZX when i need to go anywhere, i dont have rich parents to buy me an Impreza. Are u judging my taste in cars?...i said id buy a £5k MR2 Turbo, thats not a 100k car is it? Supras, 300ZXs, RX7s are all in the sub-£15k range for a decent one, id kill for one of those, it doesnt have to be exotic to get my attention, it DOES have to bite as hard as it barks tho, to quote browndoggie.

11. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

Yeah, Impreza, I'd say he has you there. I've been in Trickit and Option R (they're kind of like that race shop in "Fast and the Furious," if there's not one near you). That shit is EXPENSIVE. So don't tell me about spending money - it takes dough to make those Hondas look that stupid.

There's nothing wrong with street racing - when it's done on a lonely road with no other cars. Going 70 in a 30? That's not street racing, that's what Hondas do... wait at the stoplight 'til I get about 400 meters ahead, then get a head start and pass me at like 50, then slow down to 20 with a shit-eating grin on their face. It cracks me up.

I drive a '79 Trans Am. It's got an aftermarket hoodscoop (functional, the original one is also), air shocks, fat tires, "Weld Prostar" rims, and all the "TA" aerodynamic fiberglass pieces (air dam, duck tail, etc). But more importantly, it's got an Olds 455, TH-400 w/ a shift kit, and a posi. It runs approx. low 14's (thanks to some 2.73 gears, wasted on a posi) but that's fast enough to embarass all but the top-line imports around. And they DO love to talk shit, don't they?

Not only are those outrageous body kits unnecessary, but they add weight - ever seen a Honda with a carbon-fiber hood and a huge rally wing? Anything contradictory about that? That's all I'm saying. They could easily spend that much money and have a fast, good looking car, and not just a fast looking car.

12. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

shouldnt a 7.5-litre car be able to do slightly better than low 14s in the 1/4?...whats the power, torque and rear tyre size?

how much would an LS6 cost? (thats the Chevelle 454, right?)

13. Re:

Yes, but like I said, it's got a final drive ratio of 2.73:1 (I chirp the tires coming out of first at 55 mph). Plus my 265-50 series Grand Spirit radials are ***** for traction even with my gears.

Good on ya, Chicane! 1970 Chevelle LS-6 454 - really just a truck block with big-valve, high-compression heads. So it's pretty cheap to get a block (396 and up are all the same). Heads are the expensive part, then a high-rise intake, high-duration cam and an 850-cfm Carb. Oh, I only wish... but the Rocket 455 isn't such a bad block, actually.

14. Re:

You probably meant the whole Chevelle SS454, sorry. $10,000 will get you a PRISTINE - and I mean #$%#ing perfect - all-original '70 LS-6. But $5,500 will get you a nice one. This is a car - thank you, Chicane - that, according to my "Classic Chevy Muscle" book here, runs 13.4 on 1970 bias-ply rubber.

Let's say you pay $7,000 for a straight car with a good paint job, then $3,000 on Cam, roller rockers, hedders, tunnel ram-intake, three-angle valve job, underdrive pulleys, shift kit, traction bars, forged pistons, high-volume oil pump, and an electric fan. Then, you have a $10,000 car that runs 12's and looks like a dream, is that what you're saying? 'Cause that's what I'm talking about.

15. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

well i actually just meant the engine, but if theyre that cheap then yeah, thats what i mean, $10k for a 12 sec car, bargain of the century.

My muscle car dream garage doesnt seem too dreamy after all. How much do u reckon for the total set of...
    1963 Corvette Z06 327
    1968 Corvette L88 427
    1968 Camaro Z28 302
    1970 Chevelle SS 454
    1970 Charger R/T 440
    1970 Challenger T/A 340
    1966 Fairlane GT 427
    1969 Mustang Boss 429
    1970 Hemi Cuda 426
    1965 GTO 389
    1966 Cobra 427

any ive missed out? (i know the Cobra/L88 are gonna be 6 figures)

16. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

its all down to personal preferance he chose to be individual and create one of the best lookin civics ever,i on the otherhand blieve in function over form, you wouldnt catch me with a sub in the car or much that is unnecessary. i never said they couldnt aford fast cars like old supras etc some people prefer to cruise around rather than go everywhere at ballistic speeds like us.

and no i dont have rich perents who buy me Imprezas i had to contribute to it

17. Re:

I could go on all day, but I do like your selection, Chicane. '69 Mustang Mach1 428 SCJ, '68 Yenko Chevy II/Nova 427 L88, 1971 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler 429 SCJ, '70 Pontiac GTO 455 RAIV, '70 Buick GTX 455 Stage 1, and '68 Shelby Cobra GT500 KR are a few I'd add, but hey. Your own personal garage there could be had for $250,000 - $300,000 easy, if you complete the full restorations on a few of the pieces yourself. Maybe less, if you take your time (and plan to restore them ALL yourself). Like you said, the 'Vette and the Cobra will hurt your wallet, but hey. I'd say that's a potential dream come true!!

I embarassed, Chicane - honestly, I don't know nearly as much about older European performance vehicles as you do about American muscle cars. Damn, I'm impressed. I'll have to start doing my homework, I guess.

Impreza, I wouldn't chuck out that sub too quickly; I admit, I blast music as loud as any Honda on the road. Ofcourse, it's Staind, Saliva and Nickelback not Nelly, ODB and Biggy, but to each his (or her) own. Good principle, though.

18. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

yeah Impreza, some people like to POSE. And exactly how much did u contribute to your Impreza?...how much for the insurance? (nice choice of car anyway)

oooh BrownDoggie, good taste in music too (i dont mind a bit of your hometown boys Nirvana either). You dont happen to be a Lakers fan aswell just to complete the set?

Classic European cars in all honesty are few and far between, in terms of 300hp performance. We've got looks pretty much covered but to win races only a Miura, Daytona or Bora would have much chance unless u went deep into 1980s territory.

19. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

What I'd do for a Lingenfelter...who cares just as long as I get one!!!

20. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

9K and countingu see i have to pay him back for what he put in.
    insurance i have a k reg mazda 323 for cheap fully comp insurance that combined with my dads insurance on the scooby (he pays £300 a year fully comp) allows me to drive it.

and u ent the only one who likes saliva, staind are not so good, like a bit of the hard dance meself.

21. Re:

I've always been more of a Bulls fan myself, but the Lakers are good. How about Raiders and Patriots?

You don't like Staind? Weirdo. Well, I don't like "hard dance," freak. Of course, I can't dance anyway...

22. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

im not such a huge fan of NFL, i'll watch it if its on tv coz its great entertainment but i dont really know/care who wins. Ice hockey and basketball for me.

hard dance!!....kill it, kill it NOW

23. Re:

Oh yeah, I forgot, you Europeans don't like brutal, raw-power, adrenaline-inducing sports, you like Formula 1 and Soccer. (Just kidding, I'm a soccer player myself). As for Hockey, who isn't a fan?

Being from Europe, I thought you'd into the Techno-inspired dance scene (or is that just Germany?) But I'm glad to see you're on my side on that one!!

24. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

hell i like UFC, watch it every week, thats fairly brutal right?...Lets get it on!!!

"soccer" sucks ass in my humble opinion, F1 is fairly crap these days aswell, i tend to stick to WRC

its usually little kids of "questionable sanity" who like techno dancey stuff, sensible people just refer to it as shit

25. Re: 2002 Lingenfelter Corvette can do 0-60 in 1.97 sec.

I hope they go DOHC and more than 2 valves/cylinder by then.