Re: should have v6 or bigger

Discussion in '1999 Leblanc Caroline' started by biggruss, Aug 9, 2002.

1. i hate 4 bangers but i have to admit this is a pretty tight car the way it is

2. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TECS7</i>
    <b>Bigger Engine= more weight, so this is good enough, a bigger engine might go slower</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

A bigger engine means more torque and hp to compensate for the added weight

3. Dude, old American cars weighed a lot because of a lot more than just the size of the engine. Have you seen how frickin' huge they are? A small block chevy doesn't weigh much more than your average I6, especially one with turbos. If you put aluminum heads on the sbc, the difference is even smaller. I don't think this car should have a different engine, though. A big advantage of the I4 is definitely the position of the engine. That helps a ton in handling. That's one of the reasons RX-7s handle so well. Their engines are so small and far back that they are sometimes called front mid engine.
    Also, the engine the Supras use is typically the 3S-GTE. It's in MKII MR2 Turbos and the Celica All-trac.