Hey all you rich people out there

Discussion in '1997 Lotus Esprit V8' started by dirtbag, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Hey all you rich people out there

this car rules. in real life and in videogames!<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Hey all you rich people out there

ya..Corvettes aren't anywhere near $100,000/<!-- Signature -->

3. If your gonna spend over 100k on a car, make it worth your while, these cars cost about in the lower 80's to high 90's for one of these. they are great cars, don't buy that expensive corvette, it won't be able to match the shear awesomeness of this car!

4. Re: Hey all you rich people out there

hi all ...

I'm the biggest fan of the Lotus Esprit (all esprit's are fine, but the V8 Rulez). Thizzz hazzz been my dreamcar sinzzz 1996 when I bought the ps1 game: Need For Speed 2. I'm addicted to the Esprit. My life is Esprit. I'm Esprit .. my sig = eSPRiT

greetz eLecTro<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Hey all you rich people out there

I love Lotus, but the Esprit is everything Colin Chapman didnt want in a car. It's waaaaaaay too heavy, too big, too luxery, too expensive. It simply doesnt come anywhere near the Elise, Exige, old Elan, M250, 340R, etc Where's my Lotus minimalist design?!?!

Dont get me wrong, I do love this car, it looks great, but I think Lotus really screwed up and should never have made it like they did.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Hey all you rich people out there

Are you kidding me? The most expensive corvette out there now, the ZO6 is like 50 grand and it'll beat a lotus no problem.

7. Re: Hey all you rich people out there

Nice stuff, in a class of its own!

8. Re: Hey all you rich people out there

AWESOME CAR, NICE DESIGN,GOOD POWER, AND ONE OF THE BEST.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Hey all you rich people out there

Supurb looks, if i'm gonna buy myself another sportscar then a Porsche, this would be the one!<!-- Signature -->

10. #10 Nicklin, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Hey all you rich people out there

there is a 2002 version, surprised this site hasnt got it.

www.ultimatecarpage.com has though

11. Re: Hey all you rich people out there

i know that no one will believe i drove one of these, but might as well tell you. Sure it was only to valet it, but i made sure i took the long way to the back of the parking lot.

12. Re: Hey all you rich people out there

Carmaven18, my mate owns a V8 Esprit, and it is heaven to me!! It made me think again about 911 turbos!! And to all these Corvette lovers, GET OVER YOURSELVES!! The Lotus will toy with the Z06 Vette like a cat with a mouse!! Also the 1/4 mile time here is incorrect. I know this cause my mate (with me in the passenger seat) beat 2 proven 12.9sec 1/4 mile running cars (both 200sx/Silvia turbos, 1 S14 model, the other an S15) at the same time by 5 car lengths. 2500rpm on the dial, and VOOM!! Off we were, ahead by 3 cars in a flash and out to 5cars by the end of the straight. Raptor, although the Esprit V8 isn't what Colin Chapman envisaged, he doesn't have Jack shít to say about this, PROTON DOES as they OWN LOTUS!! And I can say that the V8 Esprit can handle as well if not better than most other cars. It's a weapon. C yas!! Mafs!!<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: Hey all you rich people out there

exactly mafia boy. Sure the corvette is a nice domestic powerhouse, but the esprit looks a hell of a lot better. It has a true euroean look to it, and drives much better than the big heavy corvette. I'd rather have an esprit than two vettes any day.

oh ya, is it just me or did chevrolet copy the the mazda RX-7 when they were making the new corvette. The newer gen RX-7 has been around since '93, the new corvette deisgn wasn't around till far after. Go look at the pictures and see for yourself.

14. Re: Hey all you rich people out there

yeah...this car will kick the vettes ass..<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: Hey all you rich people out there

In 1998 a buddy and me drove with on Autobahn (Berlin/Germany). It was amazing! The Lotus is truely a real sportscar - loud, hard and just divine. But itŽs not really an everyday-supercar!<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: Hey all you rich people out there

most lotuses arent street legal in north america but you can still race them and that kinda shit.

17. Re: Hey all you rich people out there

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from mpritz</i>
    <b>Are you kidding me? The most expensive corvette out there now, the ZO6 is like 50 grand and it'll beat a lotus no problem.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

But who wants a Corvette? They suck. Lotus is much better in every way. So it doesn't run 0-60 quite as fast or handle quite as well. At least you have the assurance that you aren't driving around in a piece of shit that will fall apart in 3 years. Gotta love American 'units', huh?<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: Hey all you rich people out there

This car is still special. Had Chapman still been alive he would have liked it. Chapman was never very sentimental about his cars and only favoured the ones that paid for Lotus to develop their Formula One cars. Still both are gone now.

As for the Vett out performing the Esprit.....um...NO!
    Put the two cars on the track and there is only going to be one winner. The Esprit.

19. Re: Hey all you rich people out there

Actually the z06 does beat this.<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: Hey all you rich people out there

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 300ZXmaniak</i>
    <b>If your gonna spend over 100k on a car, make it worth your while, these cars cost about in the lower 80's to high 90's for one of these. they are great cars, don't buy that expensive corvette, it won't be able to match the shear awesomeness of this car!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

If I had 100,000 USD to spend on a car , I'll go to Great Britain and buy a Tuscan R

21. Re: Hey all you rich people out there

The only time that the Vette is going to win is in a straight line drag. Then again the standard Elise is only just beaten round the Lotus test track by the Esprit and the Elise has only 120BHP. So I think that shows you where Lotus future is.

The bottom lines is it ok to like both cars as both were engineered to production by Lotus. <!-- Signature -->

22. Re: Hey all you rich people out there

Porschenut, nice pic of nogger for ur avatar.

These cars are amazing. I personally want a 95 S4s, because i can acutally afford one in a few years. They are fast and relatievly cheap. The z06 is alot more reliable and cheaper to service, but its just not a lotus. Next to ferrari, i like these the best. I'll never forget my ride in one, so much power. It was a Esprit sport 350, which is the track version. Also, esprits are legal here, its the elises that arent, at least not yet. Below is me with the sport 350.

23. Re: Hey all you rich people out there

This is a sweet car. They have a hella nice interior and exterior. The V8 sounds nice as hell and I had the pleasure (per say) of racing one and getting my ass kicked. I have also lost to a new Z06. Both of the cars are better at certain things. The vette will perform better but the lotus looks better and is more prestigous (if thats a word). As for the vette being a pos, that was just saturated with ignorance. My ex-boss had a ferrari and it was in the shop at least once a month ( it was an early ninteys testa rosa i think). And to top that off 80-90% of the vettes ever made are still on the street (from some TV show on speed vision, american muscle car i think). So the vette is far from a pos.<!-- Signature -->

24. Re: Hey all you rich people out there

godbleesferrari i agree the vettes do suck and i would take a ferrari over this lotus he he he<!-- Signature -->

25. Re: Hey all you rich people out there

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from WS6 Trans Am</i>
    <b>Actually the z06 does beat this.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Beat it??? Please explain!! In drag, on a track! You cant just say that the z06 beats it!!! Explain where!!<!-- Signature -->