INLIKE 4?!?! ARGH!!

Discussion in '1990 Mosler Consulier GTP Targa LX' started by I am fuct, Aug 10, 2002.

1. ARGHHH why would they use an i-4 in a car that they obviously want it for speed, and racing. like...ARGH

2. Re: INLIKE 4?!?! ARGH!!

Ever heard of the $100,000 challange?

Mosler put up $100,000 for any streetlegal production car, that could turn a faster lap than the Consulier. Porsche, Corvette, and Lamborghini's among others all left without the money. Consuliers were also banned from alot of races because they were almost unbeatable. Believe it or not, those 2.2L turbos are pretty fast in a car this light.

3. Re: INLIKE 4?!?! ARGH!!

This thing puts out impressive times for the relatively low power. Nice low end torque for a 4 banger!

4. Re: INLIKE 4?!?! ARGH!!

Some years back, Chrysler created a concept car (can't remember the name, saw the wicked thing in a poster at the dealer) that used the venerable 2.2L 4 cylinder, with dual superchargers and a specially designed head. It produced 440HP and was able to push the car well over 200MPH. Bigger is not always better.

5. Re: INLIKE 4?!?! ARGH!!

proven by the EX257<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: INLIKE 4?!?! ARGH!!

Finally some intelligence around here. Glad to see some people understand the bigger is not always better. Fit the engine to the task and make it work. I would do something about the bodywork on this one though. I don't usually criticize, but this is just plain unpleasant to look at. I hope it's for functional reasons (such as a lower dc).<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: INLIKE 4?!?! ARGH!!

Yes the car was designed for function over styling. It even has Warren Mosler's signature split boat style windshield to improve aerodynamics and the angle of depression, solar flare etc.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: INLIKE 4?!?! ARGH!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TrueSlideXL</i>
    <b>Yes the car was designed for function over styling. It even has Warren Mosler's signature split boat style windshield to improve aerodynamics and the angle of depression, solar flare etc.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The Raptor has the split windshield, the Consulier has a traditional windshield.

9. Re: INLIKE 4?!?! ARGH!!

i like the sound of a big block. would you rather listen to the deep throaty rumble of a big block V8, pushing 500hp, or an inline 4 with twin turbos, and its whiny ZING ZING pushing 500hp? ill stick with my V8!

10. Re: INLIKE 4?!?! ARGH!!

"i like the sound of a big block. would you rather listen to the deep throaty rumble of a big block V8, pushing 500hp, or an inline 4 with twin turbos, and its whiny ZING ZING pushing 500hp? ill stick with my V8!"

Which weighs twice of what the I-4 does, making your throaty rumble lose to the ZING ZING of an inline four, making 500hp.
    As nice as it sounds and as (gay) Ahem...patriotic as it is, if it loses to better design, then it loses.

11. Re: INLIKE 4?!?! ARGH!!

Awsome Avatar! Where did you get it?

12. Re: INLIKE 4?!?! ARGH!!

Interesting, you wouldn't happen to have a link to this would you?

13. Re: INLIKE 4?!?! ARGH!!

your an idiot to not see the advantage of and inline 4

14. Re: INLIKE 4?!?! ARGH!!

Little is only better if you have forced induction. Otherwise, a NA little engine isn't get you anywhere in races.

15. Re: INLIKE 4?!?! ARGH!!

Umm... Take a look at the Caterham. Do you think it would be that light with an 8L V10?

16. Re: INLIKE 4?!?! ARGH!!

Quote from ShadowAngelOfGod77
    Little is only better if you have forced induction. Otherwise, a NA little engine isn't get you anywhere in races.

F1
    they are only 3L engine's and they have no forced induction systems on them and the are still getting over 800 HP out of them. But they are not street legail however as u well know.

17. Re: INLIKE 4?!?! ARGH!!

That's a small car though. It would be too much to put a Viper engine in it, though it would be kind of cool.

18. Re: INLIKE 4?!?! ARGH!!

They spend millions of dollars just to make so much power out of their engines.

19. Re: INLIKE 4?!?! ARGH!!

And the engines only last one race.

20. Re: INLIKE 4?!?! ARGH!!

Your a moron. This car was built for racing, a V8 wouldn't fit. As much as I love V8's, this chrysler engine is amazing.

21. Re: INLIKE 4?!?! ARGH!!

pretty lame motor for a weird car

22. Re: INLIKE 4?!?! ARGH!!

Actually a v8 will fit, the Mosler Intruder, and Mosler Raptor are both based on the Consulier GTP, and have Chevy LT1's in them. One Consulier has been built with a Northstar v8 in it too.

The turbo I4 was used to keep the car light.

23. Re: INLIKE 4?!?! ARGH!!

A good american i-4. i didn't know it existed. but still, why does a racing-designed car weigh 998 kg? If it has to cost as much as this, at least spend a bit in making it lighter.