Needs a fin.

Discussion in '1998 Mazda Pettit Racing RX-7 Banzai' started by Priviledge of Speed, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: on a scale of 1-10

10, man thing does 11.4 seconds in the 1/4 stock and aerodynamics are tight<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: In top fuel a V-8 has 3000 horsepower!!!

if you have a v8 with the same displasemnt as a rotary the rotary would win with several 100 hp!!!!!!!

3. Re: In top fuel a V-8 has 3000 horsepower!!!

To the jackass who said that American 4cyl cant make as much power as a Riceburner you can suck on a cathador! I am going to tell a story about the guys at Dodge who created a, monster known as the Wraith.
    You may have seen an old charlie sheen move by this title featuring this car. It was a concept car yes, but there where 15 produced over all 2 for the movie 1 for nascar(as the pacecar) another for the Dodge hall of fame and the rest where sold to private collectors.
    This car was an amazing work of art. A rear engine, AWD with 500 unassited horsepower. This isnt the amazing part, catch this the car was capable of over 2000bhp but they never tapped it why i dont know but the Jap market tried and is still trying to get the specs on the air delivery system. The engine is a lot like the rx7's it was rotary, but it had a super turbo that wasnt even attached to the engine, as for the aerodynamics, they used a special program that was used to design jet fighterplanes and rockets, the car had one of the lowest drag coefficients ever. and it would "smoke" every little pussy Rx7,supra and sure as hell would leave your moms grocerie getter civic in its dust.

Dont dis US cars imports are trash and you poor biotches know it.

4. Re: In top fuel a V-8 has 3000 horsepower!!!

what do you need 5 million horsepower for anyway. while your at it you might as well take out the d$%# steering wheel because all your going to do is go in a straight line. this car could tear up any V8 on any street course. while your V8 may have more horsepower this rx weighes a whole sh#%load less. this rx has a 2 liter engine while your v8 takes at least 5 liters. rxs kick a$$!

5. Re: In top fuel a V-8 has 3000 horsepower!!!

"To the jackass who said that American 4cyl cant make as much power as a Riceburner you can suck on a cathador! I am going to tell a story about the guys at Dodge who created a, monster known as the Wraith.
    You may have seen an old charlie sheen move by this title featuring this car. It was a concept car yes, but there where 15 produced over all 2 for the movie 1 for nascar(as the pacecar) another for the Dodge hall of fame and the rest where sold to private collectors.
    This car was an amazing work of art. A rear engine, AWD with 500 unassited horsepower. This isnt the amazing part, catch this the car was capable of over 2000bhp but they never tapped it why i dont know but the Jap market tried and is still trying to get the specs on the air delivery system. The engine is a lot like the rx7's it was rotary, but it had a super turbo that wasnt even attached to the engine, as for the aerodynamics, they used a special program that was used to design jet fighterplanes and rockets, the car had one of the lowest drag coefficients ever. and it would "smoke" every little pussy Rx7,supra and sure as hell would leave your moms grocerie getter civic in its dust.
    Dont dis US cars imports are trash and you poor biotches know it."

Just be quiet and let somewhat that knows what they are talking about adress this issue. Of coarse there are domestic I-4 that can bring in the power like japanese cars....afterall, they have the same connections with leading engine developers as Japanese and European firms do. But dont try to blow a bunch of bull up these people....The Wraith NEVER, NEVER, NEVER was capable of 2000HP with its I-4. Also, what the hell are you talking "unassited horsepower"? What do you mean by that....because for your information, the 2.2L in the Wraith was boosted and intercooled to 23psi and made 440HP....NOT 2000HP, dont even joke like that. I cant belive you would make something up like that thinking noone would know better. Now, there are plenty of racers, and tuners who have gotten near 1000HP with domestic I-4 engines, such as the Turbo II Dodge engine(like this Inceptors) and the Iron Duke. However, I have never ever seen one that was ever raced to be 1000HP, possibly some iron duke drag engine.

But why the hell would you try to call japanese engineering in terms of I-4 "trash". That is absolutly stupid, and you prove it by your lack of knowledge of japenese engineering AND even the domestic engineering you are trying to support.

6. Re: In top fuel a V-8 has 3000 horsepower!!!

can i just throw in BMWs 1983 formula 1 engine?

1500cc 4cyl(yes, go ahead, laugh, 1.5-litres)...running 67psi turbo boost. In qualifying sessions in the 1983 season, the engine could produce up to 1450 HP and usually raced reliably with 1000-1100 HP

so if u put 5 of these engines together to make 7500cc, u get 7250 HP....id like to see any american engine with only 7500cc get anywhere near that figure, 8000cc+ dragsters only get about 6000 HP

so dont anybody get too excited about american top fuel dragsters, theyre only the best because nobody else bothers making them

as for rotary engines, ive got a video of a dyno test of a Mazda RX7....it produced 710 HP from only the 13B-REW 2-rotor motor, and thats only with normal gasoline, so that suggests a 2-litre 3-rotor would happily produce 1065hp

anybody know any american 2-litre engines that r good for 1065hp on normal gasoline?....that r street legal?

anybody arguing against a rotary engine is just stupid, they are infinitely superior to a piston engine in every possible way (well, who cares about fuel consumption, gas aint exactly expensive)

7. Re: In top fuel a V-8 has 3000 horsepower!!!

comparing this car to a T.F. drag is pointless. its apples and oranges, the whole idea behind most imports is that they can handle really well. but if their was such thing as a 8+lt rotory it would have huge hp.

8. Re: In top fuel a V-8 has 3000 horsepower!!!

Still any locomotive has more horsepower, but will it go faster? The horsepower don't proove anything, the only important thing is the result. The lotus elise has 120bhp and it kill the cobra R on the circuit. The important thing is good balance, it's the secret of automobile, exagering will get you nowhere, it's why I think this car is awesome, certainly not the best there is but one hell of a car.

9. Re: In top fuel a V-8 has 3000 horsepower!!!

theres no chance in hell of a 120hp elise being able to 'kill' a Cobra R around a racetrack....i can understand your point, and maybe you were exaggerating a little, but no, not a Cobra R....maybe something a bit more archaic like a Z28 or a Mustang GT

Cobra Rs are great around a racetrack, loads of grip, loads of power, big wing to push the car down around high speed corners, makes an Elise look a little out of its depth, and so it should for $54k

10. Re: In top fuel a V-8 has 3000 horsepower!!!

I think that guy is refering to that magazine comparison, I think it was Sports Compact Car. And the Elise was not a 120HP elise, it was a Sun International Intgra Tyupe R engined Elise. It made over 190HP. Also, the Cobra R was not performing as good as it should have. I mean, the Elise still would have won im sure, but it wouldnt be a slaughter or anything.
    But I see your point, its all about power to weight. Thats not an import thing, that is an accet to every car almost.

11. Re: In top fuel a V-8 has 3000 horsepower!!!

Talk about a lack of knowledge...
    Ok newbies...
    Top Fuel is 90% Nitroglycerine, 10% Methanol = Nitromethane, and they only use 86% Nitromethane as fuel. Blown, fueled engines used in the NHRA Top Fuel class produce an estimated 6000 horsepower.
    The reason that the engines are torn down every 1-2 runs is because of the fact that Nitro is so caustic. Like acid, Nitromethane is liable to eat through heads, blocks, pistons etc.
    DO NOT use liters when discribing the displacement of fueled big blocks. For the top fuel class, 500 cubic inches is the limit, and the team can use a company block (for example, chevy, ford, chrysler, etc.) but HAS to use hemispherical heads.

12. Re: In top fuel a V-8 has 3000 horsepower!!!

well, there up to 7000 horsepower....<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: In top fuel a V-8 has 3000 horsepower!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from z28infront</i>
    <b>Do 3000 horsepower, NOT A CHANCE!!! </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Do you even know what top fuel means moron. It means the engine runs off nitromethane, which is way more potent that gasoline. It's just plain stupid to compare a tiny little rotary, which is still pumping out 550 bhp, and runs on normal gasoline, to a huge V8 that runs on nitro (not nitrous, NITRO).<!-- Signature -->

14. This ain't a real rx-7

If u guys knew anythin about rx-7,s u would have noticed that this thing has had an engine transplant. normal rx-7's have 13B twin rotar engines, this thing has had a 20B triple rotar transplanted into it. Why anyone would do this is a mystery as u can easily get 550hp out of the 13B, plus the 13B is a lighter engine

15. Re: This ain't a real rx-7

bahm, thats what im talkin about. stick with the rotarty not mystery-

16. Re: This ain't a real rx-7

dude, thats because its made souly for racing. if they want to win, they're gonna do anything to make sure they do. im not saying i dont agree, this isnt pure rx7, just body style.

17. Re: This ain't a real rx-7

what the #$%# is wrong with transplaning an engine?
    the 20b from the cosmo kicks ass, so shit the #$%# up
    go pick the corn out of someone elses shit<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: This ain't a real rx-7

Probably for torque. Though I could be wrong. Isn't it nice to have the 500+ hp and the nice torque to go with it? Sure you could get that kinda HP out of a 13B-REW, but it just wouldn't have the torque that the 20B has. Sheesh. Don't nit pic a nice car. And the only thing different from this RX-7 and a stock RX-7 is the motor. It has a whole 1 rotor more then stock. Everything else is pure RX-7. If you want to say something isn't what it is depicted as, look at some of the Import Drag racing cars and NASCAR. Even in NASCAR the bodies don't look entirely stock.

Just my 2 cents.
    Chris<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: This ain't a real rx-7

Well, the Cosmos had 20Bs so this isn't really an RX-7, but if it looks that good how can you blame it?<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: This ain't a real rx-7

u #$%#ing wankas have no idea. bolt a trust t88h 34d turbo or 2 hks 3240's onto the standard 13b, strengthen the internals and upgrade the fuel systems etc and it will wax a 20b. the fastest street rx-7 uses a 13b, not a #$%#ing 20b, plus the car would handle better cause its got less weight hanging over the front.

21. nice

this isn't bad but not as good as other Rx-7's I've seen

22. Re: nice

stang if only you had half a brain
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. Re: nice

What other RX-7's have you seen that are sweeter than this?
    I haven't seen any unless we are talking about looks, then maybe I have; however, I haven't seen anything with such sweet performance numbers<!-- Signature -->

24. Re: nice

wat are you tokking bout??..
    this is the only RX-7 I knoe to have 3 rotars!!!!!
    the rest only have 2!!!!....it's way so cool!!!!!....
    it's one of my favourite cars and favourite engines...
    rotary is royal~

25. Re: nice

thier is only one other sweater 7... but it is R-spec