Re: The 2002' z06 Vette will kick this car's ass

Discussion in '2002 BMW M3 GTR Straßenversion' started by M5E39, Aug 9, 2002.

1. YEAH IM GONNA HAVE TO SAY GERMAN CARS ARE THE SHIT! ANY AMERICAN CAR IS EVEN CLOSE TO THE QUALITY OF A GERMAN CAR!! ANYWAYS ZO6 THOSE HAVE GOT TO BE THE GAYEST CARS ON THE ROAD TODAY AND THE BIMMER WOULD KICK ITS ASS
    <!-- Signature -->

2. Why do you people insist on comparing the Z06 to every single car there is? I mean I would like to see the race between the Z06 and this car.... And no the S2000 didn't beat the Z06 around a track... In fact they did a test and the Camaro SS beat the S2000 around a track... and The test between the Z06 and M3 and Boxter S... That wa the 01 Z06... The 02 is much faster with better handling. . <!-- Signature -->

3. you are dumb<!-- Signature -->

4. The 2002' z06 Vette will kick this car's ass

Any time a German car is fast it's price is three times higher than the other American car in it's class. THE z06 VETTE!!!

5. The German car is always a lot nicer though. Deffinitely the case with the M3 when compared to the Vette.<!-- Signature -->

6. u have got to be kidding me. I created an account on this site just to tell u how much of an idiot u are!!!!!!! German cars are the shit, period!! That is not to say that I don't like the Z06 but hell, against this badass, it will just get killed. Period!

7. Well.....you can always wet your pants when u r dreamin'.
    American cars are no good....when you will notice that you americans have the shitties bhp/litre rate? can't you make a car with small engine that has more power than some freakin' 7.4 litre shitpump that has "revolutionary" 200bhp? Of course if u are a jerk that has no idea of whats good..then you might pick some chevrolet with no power....only big checks from gas-stations. And this beemer will kick any american cars ass when ever you wan't, oh...sorry, you don't want this car to kick some oldsmobiles ass...you are an american jackass.<!-- Signature -->

8. that is not true a vette z06 sucks and u say it will kick bmw's ass. then u need to learn some thing boy.<!-- Signature -->

9. German cars are shit...? Oh...that means Mercedes, Benz, Audi, etc...suck? They can rape american cars anytime anywhere.
    You guys need to find a doctor to check your brains.<!-- Signature -->

10. A couple of days ago there were not that many replies as to what this idiot had to say. But over the past little while I have been watching to make sure that this idiot was put i his place. There is not a single true German car that can be beat by any "equivalent" (the qutations are there because to say that there is an American car equivalent to a German one is crazy) American piece of shit. German cars are marvels of engineering. They have class, power, and they do exactly what they are supposed to. No unscheduled craziness like American cars. Anyway, i just want to thank everyone who agrees that German cars are amazing, and tell you "Mr. American car guy" that you are very gay.

11. Haha, Qubeley, I think you forgot to pay attention. That guy said "German cars are THE shit", meaning he really likes them.

On another note: the Z06 Corvette is really the only American car I can respect performace-wise, but there's still one niggling detail: The newest iteration of the Z06 only gets 405 horsepower out of a 5.7 liter engine. That's kinda sad. Sure, it's fast, but that's no miracle considering the enormous engine.<!-- Signature -->

12. well lets compare the two car vette 405 bhp m3 gtr 450 vette 50,000 and m3 gtr 230,000 well that was the kicker look at that price diff. god for 230,000 i better get a a 2 second 0-60 time since i get under 4 0-60 time for the vette i'm not saying that germans cars suck there great but costly hey and chevys do not suck i have driven m3 and m5 and vettes and well for the money the vette is better

13. The M3 would beat the Z06

14. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from z28infront</i>
    <b>Any time a German car is fast it's price is three times higher than the other American car in it's class. THE z06 VETTE!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

U have got to be joking this car is head an shoulders above the Z06 quality/looks/power ok it costs more but jeezuz does it look horny<!-- Signature -->

15. hell yeah!! it would, this m3 is 230,000 if you fix up the z06
    with this much...

all you europeans are just jellows because we won't let you in our country. #%$ots!!!

16. This M3 would wipe the floor with the Z06 and German cars are built to last while American cars (not the Z06) in general are built with inferiority and profit maximization. Why do you think that they depreciate so quickly and give mechanical headaches constantly. On an avg. day how many bimmers will you see in a mechanic shop compared to poorly constructed American cars?<!-- Signature -->

17. Wescomputer, I'll respond to your unintelligent message. First of all, this M3 is a magnificent automobile in almost every way. That being said, it costs $225k. If Chevorolet seriously set about to produce a car that could compete with this M3 then they could do it, without a doubt. Do you have any idea of the production numbers that both car companies deal in? Chevy has produced hundreds of thousands of cars. BMW on the other hand deals in much smaller numbers. The fact is that with all the researh and development that chevy committed to the the new corvette it only costs $50k. If they spent $200k in production costs on each individual corvette it would be amazing. Can you imagine the kind of engine, chassis, body and technology that they could produce if they had $200k to spend on each car? As it stands right now the vette offers some of the most advanced systems you can find in any car on the road. The new engine is pretty decent and it's basically just a modern mockup of the older Lt-1 5.7 V8. If Chevy designed a new engine I'm sure that it would be amazing if they took as much time as BMW. But they don't do that, do you know why? Because although the $225k BMW may be a great car, the Corvette Z06 which costs 1/4th the price is already pretty amazing. It goes as fast as you would ever really want to go, it turns heads, it's fairly reliable, and you or I are actually able to purchase one, as opposed to the BMW M3 GTR which neither of us could ever dream of owning. In fact, I am thinking about buying a ZO6 in a year or so. So if you see me in traffic and your driving whatever it is that you drive I'll no doubt drop you like you were standing still. Any comments?

18. if you read the comparison between the m3 and the z06 you will know that the vette was the better race car. but if you know anything about the m3 you would know that it offers much more than just performance. now, if you read the comparison through the end of the article you would also know that every editor stated that they would rather have the m3 over the vette. sure one editor had a hard time choosing but in the end he chose the m3. these are people who drive cars for a living and they chose the luxury and performance over just performance. i guess you never really know which car you trully would choose until you drive them both.

19. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Top RPM</i>
    <b>This M3 would wipe the floor with the Z06 and German cars are built to last while American cars (not the Z06) in general are built with inferiority and profit maximization. Why do you think that they depreciate so quickly and give mechanical headaches constantly. On an avg. day how many bimmers will you see in a mechanic shop compared to poorly constructed American cars?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

U said it<!-- Signature -->

20. like Henman said,this car cost's almost 5 times as much as the Z06. Of course this car will out perform the Z06. BMW's are some of the most incredible cars in terms of performance engineering, but it's been my experience (a limited one I'll admit) that they are not most reliable cars on the road and cost a crap load to repair. I love the Z06 and will say that most of you eurocentric snobs should give credit where credit is due (it did out perform the M3 in a Motor Trend test). But for Christ's sake, lets not pit it against every non-American car on this site.

21. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 69</i>
    <b>hell yeah!! it would, this m3 is 230,000 if you fix up the z06
    with this much...

all you europeans are just jellows because we won't let you in our country. #%$ots!!!

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

ok watever, europe whoops americas ass first in intelligence, and you are blessed with ignorance. I'm not jealous (man you are a proud idiotic patriot, learn to spell your own language before you start your bullshit). I would be happy to pay $230000 for this bimmer than to take any american car. <!-- Signature -->

22. if i was going to spend 100k plus on a car then i would surely shop around for a suitable one. One thing to understand though, Germans have always been the ultimate engineers, there has been very little come out of germany thats been a flop (with no quality). I am not bagging the Z06 i think its grreat that a car company has released a high perfomance vehichle that is affordable. But to compare it to the ultimate engineering of BMW cannot be done. For example look at the technology between the two engines, BMW are light years ahead of the corvette, and will last longer, in 10 years i bet the BMW will still go as hard, will be suprising if the Z06 is the same. Look they are both great cars lets leave it at that, 2 DIFFERENT CLASSES stop comparing the Z06 to everything....its not the ultimate machine!!!<!-- Signature -->

23. like I said, the M3 was compared to the Z06, and the Z06 kicked it's ass. A stock M3 doesn't stand a chance because the two cars are built for two different buyer's. The Z06 is pure performance. The M3 is a luxury performance car that can be used as a daily driver. In its class, it's untouchable. As for the moron that said American's are ignorant, I understand you were replying to a pretty redneckish post; however, if we are so ignorant why do we have the strongest economy and military in the world? Why are so many countries investing in us? And when a country experiences brain drain, it's usually because their educated come here. Comments like the one you made make you sound jealous.

24. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 5spoke</i>
    <b>like I said, the M3 was compared to the Z06, and the Z06 kicked it's ass. A stock M3 doesn't stand a chance because the two cars are built for two different buyer's. The Z06 is pure performance. The M3 is a luxury performance car that can be used as a daily driver. In its class, it's untouchable. As for the moron that said American's are ignorant, I understand you were replying to a pretty redneckish post; however, if we are so ignorant why do we have the strongest economy and military in the world? Why are so many countries investing in us? And when a country experiences brain drain, it's usually because their educated come here. Comments like the one you made make you sound jealous.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

ok another thing, the M3 is a six cylinder N/A some how i don't think it should be compared to the Z06<!-- Signature -->

25. ok i would like to say im from the USA and our cars suck ass very badly the only thing the z06 has going for it is its engin thats it and you still have problems out of it every day i work at a body shop and i work on corvets all the time you crash them once and you might as well burn them the dont have a bit of metal on them except for the frame the rest is fiberglass and composit plastic give me a freakin break either you die in the car or your insurence does and at 3000lbs and 450 hp this BMW would eat a z06 for breakfast lunch and dinner and if any body has anything to say about what i wrote write me