resembles a Stingray

Discussion in '1964 Cheetah GT V8' started by mustangs4ever, Jan 11, 2003.

1. Re: resembles a Stingray

This car is nothing like a Stingray. There is no ass end at all to the car and it looks absolutly awful. On the other hand, Corvette's have, and always will be, not only a fabulous looking car, but a fabulous performance car as well. And as far as Mustang goes, since we are on the topic of bashing other cars here. I would love to see a modern Mustang, go head-to-head against a Z06 and watch the results. There is no contest. Also, from personal experience I know this. I have driven newer Mustang 5.0 GT, with fords great all mighty V8, though it does outperform such cars as the Geo Metro, or a Cavilier, it doesn't even hold a candle to Camaro. This response was made AFTER I test drove the Mustang 5.0 GT, and then drove a Camero, not even the SS or the Z28, but a base Camaro with a V6. The acceleration between the two were nearly identical, and both started to top out around 125-130, keeping in mind that the Camaro I drove had a V6 and the Mustang had a 5.0 V8. So you may keep hoping that someday the Mustang will compete with the Corvette, but until they do and can, keep your mouth shut.

2. Re:
    resembles a Stingray

I can see it in the fenders, but that's about it.

3. Re: resembles a Stingray

WHAT THE **** DO YOU MEAN, RESEMBLES A STING RAY! HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A STINGRAY! IF YOU HAVE, YOU WOULD NOT HAVE MADE THIS COMMENT!!! Sheesh, now i'm all outta breath...

4. Re: resembles a Stingray

There is a resemblance to a stingray only in that it is backed by the same company. But as for the the Mustang Corvette showdown, lets line up something that cost close to the Z06, like a Saleen S351, or mabye the Steeda Gt.

5. Re: resembles a Stingray

it's front quarters are close to a 77

6. Re: resembles a Stingray

It only resembles one from the front

7. Re: resembles a Stingray

It does have the hood bite of a stingray but other than that no resembelance. As for the Mustang vs. Corvette debate, if your gonna compare a saleen mustang to a corvette than it needs to be a corvette tuned by a private company like lingenfelter or gulstrand.

Lingenfelter/Guldstrand is to corvette as saleen is to mustang. No Contest

8. Re: ...

it looks like a smashed up stingray