What a load of Shit!!!

Discussion in '1968 Mazda Cosmo Sport' started by Sammy2slick, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: What a load of Shit!!!

I really dont think that the Cosmo Sport is a piece of shit. I dont have any experience with a Cosmo (its a relatively old car) but I remember talking to my dad about it (who had his driving fun during his time). He wasnt able to drive the Sport, but he drove the regular cosmo, and he said that thing had some ridiculous acceleration. Sometimes, I dont think its the Horsepower or the Max speed that is important, its the total balance.

2. Re: What a load of Shit!!!

G'day kids.

By todays standards, the original L10 series "Cosmo sports" is a pretty lame car, but you have to be pretty lame yourself if you judge a 35 year old car by todays standards......

For its day (1967-1972) this car was considered a Japanese supercar & every world wide manufacturer including GM, Ford & Chrysler bought examples to study the manufacturers advanced technology.

It was made on a semi hand-made production line & the rotary engines where done in the engineering shop as a production line wasn't ready then.

Compared to any other 2lt or more car, the 10A powered (1lt) Cosmo was a rocket & made all but the serious competition look stupid at the time.

The Cosmo has such legendary status in Japan that Mazda will re-manufacture new parts for you to ensure the legend continues. Try going into your local dealer & finding out Ford will build that 35yr old out-of-stock part new for you.

The average price of a Cosmo today in Japan is U.S $25,000 or more if they are perfect examples. Not too many other cars can claim a 350% increase in value of the last 35 years.

REgards

3. Re: Production???

L10A = 363 (67-68)
    L10B = 1172 (68-72)

Exported =
    Export versions named = 110S
    Domestic version named = Cosmo

4. Re: What a load of Shit!!!

Yeppi
    "He He this is POO POO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

The only thing that's Poo Poo is that you probably can't even tell the difference of a SuperCar from in the 60's to now. You see some hp, torque, & top speed figures & that's the only way you rate this car. Read some books & learn a little something before you talk.

911turbo
    "this car SUX! "

Same story goes for you.

Samurai187
    "I dont think its the Horsepower or the Max speed that is important, its the total balance. "

Perfect example on what a car should be rated on. Not by hp, torque & top speed figures you see on a computer screen. I bet some of you haven't even driven a Super Car before (& don't say a Honda Civic or your mother's mommmybox)

20B Cosmo
    "By todays standards, the original L10 series "Cosmo sports" is a pretty lame car, but you have to be pretty lame yourself if you judge a 35 year old car by todays standards......"

Another reason they shouldn't put kids to do a man's job. You most definitely CANNOT compare yesterday's cars & performance to today's. Cars in those days were fast, safe & reliable. Just that technology has evolved & things are more safter, but more faster & more reliable.

"The Cosmo has such legendary status in Japan that Mazda will re-manufacture new parts for you to ensure the legend continues. Try going into your local dealer & finding out Ford will build that 35yr old out-of-stock part new for you. "

I bet some of you don't even know WHAT he's talking about when he says that. You see it's called the "Moto Trade Law." It makes it mandatory for car manufacturers to make parts for a specific Make & Model of a car for 20 years. If you do your math little kiddies & take out your calculator . . . it's way past over 20 years now.