Goodwood (updated with pics) more on request

Discussion in 'Events' started by burner, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Thinking of going to Goodwood

Next weekend for the Festival of speed. Anyone been? Any suggestions?

2. Thinking of going to Goodwood

Take a raincoat

3. Thinking of going to Goodwood

So i have my tickets, anyone know whats running and when?

4. Thinking of going to Goodwood

I would definitely go if I were anywhere near there, take pictures of Zondas and any vintage rally cars.

5. Thinking of going to Goodwood

6. Thinking of going to Goodwood

I was thinking i might take a raincoat, but no one has suggested it, so ill give it a miss.

7. Thinking of going to Goodwood

I'm going on the saturday, for which it currently looks like a raincoat will be excees baggage! Alfa centenary is a central part of a Italian theme. All Italian Concourse d'Elegance. McLaren MP4-12C UK public debut among others. Enjoy!

8. Thinking of going to Goodwood

It was awesome. Pics and vid to come later.

9. Thinking of going to Goodwood

Yeah, great pics and video you lazy #$%#.

10. Thinking of going to Goodwood

Thank you for the good looking galleries

11. Thinking of going to Goodwood

I uploaded over 600mb of pictures to Richard for use in the gallaries the day after the event. I think he put some of the pictures in there. Any cars you want pictures of in particular? (I still havent had chance to sort through the video, its 5.5gb so its not really uploadable to anywhere.)

12. Thinking of going to Goodwood

Ah, I'll have to look through those again. As for cars, any Zonda, Alfa Tipo 33 Stradale, and MP4-12C.

13. Thinking of going to Goodwood

14. Thinking of going to Goodwood

15. Thinking of going to Goodwood

16. Thinking of going to Goodwood

17. Thinking of going to Goodwood

18. Thinking of going to Goodwood

19. Cool stuff, how did the Alfa look irl?

20. You know, it was the wierest thing, because the alfa and about 50 other priceless cars, including Chris evens entire car collection (which contains 2 £12 million Ferraris) were just sitting on dusty grass, around the side of the house, with no one watching over them. It was just like the worlds most expensive car park, the cars were all dusty and werent presented in any way. The alfa was smaller than i thought, but none of the cars looked spectacular because of their surroundings. Chris Evans even left the Testarossa open, and left some of his stuff just sitting in it.

21. I wish I could have seen that Alfa IRL. It's probably my favorite pre-1970 car. I imagine it must've looked tiny. Those things only weigh 1261 pounds IIRC.

22. It wasnt massive, it was pretty IRL but not as nice as the Ferrari California 10 metres away (or the TR)

23. Wow, the MP4-12C (such a shit name) looks a lot smaller than I thought.

24. It defiantly looked quick up the hill. Sounded pretty good too, the best sounding production car was the Zonda, it was the loudest and best sound by a long way. I think the fact that the track was narrow and small meant that a lot of cars couldnt really wind all the way up (like the F1 cars) so you didnt get an awesome cacophony of sound like usual. Best sounding cars overall:

Citroen GT
    F430 Challenge
    CLK-LM
    Zonda F
    Camaro (really, cos they could wind it all the way up, the others were all backing off at half rpm.)