Re: Why Richard Owen likes this Concept

Discussion in '2001 Mercedes-Benz F 400 Carving Concept' started by pinto Man85, Aug 9, 2002.

1. i hate it<!-- Signature -->

2. Why Richard Owen likes this Concept

I think the F400 is one of the best concept cars to come out this year.

First, it innovates. The new 'carving' dynamic camber system is something I never really invisioned possible. If done right, which may be the case here, I see alot of potential for the car. 1.28gs of lateral acceleration would be fun.

Second, I think this car looks like nothing I've seen. It is an extreme design that still seems to hold the essence of Mercedes-Benz within its lines. I can almost see a Mercedes W154 in the nose. Subtle details like the headlights poking though the wheelwell caught my attention.

I hope this car is going to Detriot 2002 because we missed the Tokyo Motor Show this year. <!-- Signature -->

3. I agree, it's a beautifully designed car.<!-- Signature -->

4. mercedes concepts

i dont think this is the best concept. i could change my mind if they said how fast acceleration was and top speed, but theres not enough info on there for me to like it.. well it does look good, looks like it should do 0-60 in 3.2 seconds. lol so once the stats are in, im sure i will like it, but. i wont ever be looking for this car on the road.. it wont make it. lol

5. Re: mercedes concepts

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from dodge_punk</i>
    <b> i dont think this is the best concept. i could change my mind if they said how fast acceleration was and top speed, but theres not enough info on there for me to like it.. well it does look good, looks like it should do 0-60 in 3.2 seconds. lol so once the stats are in, im sure i will like it, but. i wont ever be looking for this car on the road.. it wont make it. lol</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Well which concepts that came out this year do you like better?<!-- Signature -->

6. I must say that i have to agree with Richard on the one, because this car is without question, the best prototype to come out this year.The design and look of this is just breath taking.

I do not belive that anyone could look at this car and still think their life is complete.

My hat goes off to the engineers who had the imagination to create this car.

They have earned their browny points on this one.

7. This is an amazing automotive benchmark. While this car, sadly, has about the same likelihood of seeing the road as Osama Binladen has of seeing American soil alive, hopefully some of the F400's amazing engineering will be put to use. The advanced steering system could grealy enhance automobile handling as we know it. I hope Mercedes has pattened it.

8. A M-B Revolution?

Wow, the first time i saw this car i was like, man, i'm going to stop being a BMW fan and become the n#1 M-B fan, at least here in Mexico.
    Well, so, here we ave what's possibly the best car of the Tokio Auto Show and quite probably the best of the year.

The overall styling reminds me of last year's M-B Vision SLA with its F1-like nose and 2 seat configuration but while the SLA hinted what the next SLK may look like, the new F400 Carving is just an experimental vehicle, a showcase for the latest high tech stuff from these German guys.

Just one question, does anyone know where did the nomenclature came from? (F400 ???)

Ivanhoe!
    -------------------------------------------
    Take me around again... dont pull over,
    this time would you please, drive faster?!

9. Lotus 340R -- styling is very similar.

What a sick piece of work !!

10. I totally agree with stevross, it was the first thing I thought of when I saw it. It looks like a Lotus 340R that ate too many pies and has just seen itself in the mirror. The rear lights are gorgeous though.

11. I agree. This surely is the concept of the year. This is just such a radical idea with the tyres. Great innovation from Merc once again. I've heard it would use a 3.2 l V6. I'd guess that would be around 300 hp. If the power is near 300 hp this car shouldnt only handle very well, it should also be pretty quick because it isnt big and it looks very light, so with the 300 hp it might be really quick. And I like the looks very much. Great car.<!-- Signature -->

12. I'm glad that Mercedez focussed on handling with this car, seems like it would be very sturdy on the road and you'd be able to take turns..well...as fast as you'd want!!!

13. This car isnt all that great, but it is nice<!-- Signature -->

14. I don't know why any of these people would dislike this car...Wouldn't it be something to be seen in this car ??? I'm sure when the stats come in everybody will be amazed though.

15. I don't know why any of these people would dislike this car...Wouldn't it be something to be seen in this car ??? I'm sure when the stats come in everybody will be amazed though.

16. Finally! An absolute knockout finally emerges from the Merc stable. I got tired of looking (and driving) some of their mundane everyday cars. The SLK and the CLK did something to revive my fading interest in Mercs. If these guys do decide to put this one on the road, you can be sure that its a definite winner (especially after their ridiculous merger with Chrysler!)!!!

17. i suppose it is a nice car...but it looks like the designers didn't know what to put on the rear of it so they just stopped designing past the seats.

18. If Mercedes began production of this car I would order one immeadiately. I just love this car. It is amazing. The car handles well and I bet performs well. I think this car is a beauty worthy of being called the best concept car of the year.

19. Richard Owen... what do you mean?

How could you say the design was never even though of. Maybe not by the executives at mercedes, but im sure their designers were creating stuff like this for years. Its not that hard of a design to make, any advanced 3d program could make that... Maya could, i have maya and i have created stuff that looks like that.

Its just a matter of time before we get more of that stuff, and for an affordable price. Mercedes should do somthing bold and sell it for under $30,000. That would impress me.

<!-- Signature -->

20. What the hell the styling at best is sub-par, but come on this is mercedes-benz here, they obviously can design a better looking car. The only good thing about this merc, is that it's only a concept and nothing more.

21. Personally its to wacked out for me to like.

22. This ones pretty durn cool. I think its one of the best concepts ive seen since the ferrari pinnafarina rosa. This is an interesting idea, but it seems like you would really burn through the rubbeer. Oops... (freudian slip?)WEll anyways the styloing is pretty out there which is good for a concept this wild. The test guys look funny in their suits too.

23. I don't have a clu of why he likes, but I, with all do respect, think it's ugly as hell.

24. It should be not Concept of the year it should be Concept of all TIME.
    The car is tooooooooooo HOT!!!! MercedesBenz Is the best car in the world!!!<!-- Signature -->

25. Benz Invented the car, Benz was the first who used ABS in their
    cars... now another innovation! This is History!<!-- Signature -->