Re: The camaro doesn't suck

Discussion in '2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1' started by whiteGT, Aug 9, 2002.

1. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EAGLEF1</i>
    <b>I would have posted this in a chevy form, but I feel you mustake owner's need to know.

The Chevorlet Camaro SS is worthy competitor to the mustang. It's not all crap like you usually say it is. According to AmericanHP, it's the worst car on the entire planet. By sounds of him it looks like a Yugo can outdrag it. The truth it is not. If it is so ugly, slow and overweight why is it faster than than the 1994-2001 SVT cobra's. It[the ss] tops out at 162 while the SVT cobra[01] does 148? [Note: I am excluding the SVT cobra 03 and the intimidator SS] Why is it that it pulled better numbers throught the skidpad[Car and driver stated"we can't think[in this price range] of a car that handles better on 17 inch tires.] why is it that it is faster in acceleration as well? Sounds like a real piece of shit. Another thing is not all camaro owners have mullets, guys. Lay off. I will agree with you that the Z28 is a complete piece of trash, and so is the V6, but who buys them? You also must admit the Mustang[Excluding the SVT] is kind of a chick car now. But, it sells because ford maketed it well. The camaro?firebird has not had an ad since 1993.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Ok, well, it is ugly, but even if you think its not, which is fine, but how does that make it faster? And so if im going 148mph, I dont know about anyone else, but I dont give a flying f*ck about going 14mph faster. And why are you excluding the intimidator AND the 03 Cobra? SO I can go down to a CHevy dealership right now and check out the latest Intimidator in the showroom? Nooo, but I CAN check out the new CObra, so I see why you left one out, but the 03 Cobra, that I dont get. I, also, never said any Camaro was a peice of shit. And the Mustang is just a better car, IMO. And the opinions of the editors at Motor Trend last year, when they tested the Firebird, SS, and Cobra ('99), who agreed though not as fast, the numbers were so close it doesnt matter (and I noticed you didnt post them other than the top speed, which also...doestn matter, and could easliy be changed in either car by sticking on some gears). I also disagree that the Cobra is a chick car...i dont know one chick thats going to walk into a car dealership and just buy a cobra, without her husband explaining what the car was, how cool it is, and why to buy it. And if there are some that know a lil' somethin about it and want one, then damn..more power to em..but its not a chick car. Now, a red V-6 convertable sure...but not a cobra. And also...I dont get how a Z28 can be a heaping pile of shit, but the SS is a great vehical. So the SS handles a little better, is more limited in numbers, and has what...10-20 more horses depending on the year, but its NO peice of shit...but the Z28 is....I dont get that.

2. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from whiteGT</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EAGLEF1</i>
    <b>I would have posted this in a chevy form, but I feel you mustake owner's need to know.

The Chevorlet Camaro SS is worthy competitor to the mustang. It's not all crap like you usually say it is. According to AmericanHP, it's the worst car on the entire planet. By sounds of him it looks like a Yugo can outdrag it. The truth it is not. If it is so ugly, slow and overweight why is it faster than than the 1994-2001 SVT cobra's. It[the ss] tops out at 162 while the SVT cobra[01] does 148? [Note: I am excluding the SVT cobra 03 and the intimidator SS] Why is it that it pulled better numbers throught the skidpad[Car and driver stated"we can't think[in this price range] of a car that handles better on 17 inch tires.] why is it that it is faster in acceleration as well? Sounds like a real piece of shit. Another thing is not all camaro owners have mullets, guys. Lay off. I will agree with you that the Z28 is a complete piece of trash, and so is the V6, but who buys them? You also must admit the Mustang[Excluding the SVT] is kind of a chick car now. But, it sells because ford maketed it well. The camaro?firebird has not had an ad since 1993.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Ok, well, it is ugly, but even if you think its not, which is fine, but how does that make it faster? And so if im going 148mph, I dont know about anyone else, but I dont give a flying f*ck about going 14mph faster. And why are you excluding the intimidator AND the 03 Cobra? SO I can go down to a CHevy dealership right now and check out the latest Intimidator in the showroom? Nooo, but I CAN check out the new CObra, so I see why you left one out, but the 03 Cobra, that I dont get. I, also, never said any Camaro was a peice of shit. And the Mustang is just a better car, IMO. And the opinions of the editors at Motor Trend last year, when they tested the Firebird, SS, and Cobra ('99), who agreed though not as fast, the numbers were so close it doesnt matter (and I noticed you didnt post them other than the top speed, which also...doestn matter, and could easliy be changed in either car by sticking on some gears). I also disagree that the Cobra is a chick car...i dont know one chick thats going to walk into a car dealership and just buy a cobra, without her husband explaining what the car was, how cool it is, and why to buy it. And if there are some that know a lil' somethin about it and want one, then damn..more power to em..but its not a chick car. Now, a red V-6 convertable sure...but not a cobra. And also...I dont get how a Z28 can be a heaping pile of shit, but the SS is a great vehical. So the SS handles a little better, is more limited in numbers, and has what...10-20 more horses depending on the year, but its NO peice of shit...but the Z28 is....I dont get that.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> I said EXCLUDING the cobra, no women[or very few] would buy that car.<!-- Signature -->

3. How about you post what you think you know on this forum.<!-- Signature -->

4. I said that, didn't I?<!-- Signature -->

5. The camaro doesn't suck

I would have posted this in a chevy form, but I feel you mustake owner's need to know.

The Chevorlet Camaro SS is worthy competitor to the mustang. It's not all crap like you usually say it is. According to AmericanHP, it's the worst car on the entire planet. By sounds of him it looks like a Yugo can outdrag it. The truth it is not. If it is so ugly, slow and overweight why is it faster than than the 1994-2001 SVT cobra's. It[the ss] tops out at 162 while the SVT cobra[01] does 148? [Note: I am excluding the SVT cobra 03 and the intimidator SS] Why is it that it pulled better numbers throught the skidpad[Car and driver stated"we can't think[in this price range] of a car that handles better on 17 inch tires.] why is it that it is faster in acceleration as well? Sounds like a real piece of shit. Another thing is not all camaro owners have mullets, guys. Lay off. I will agree with you that the Z28 is a complete piece of trash, and so is the V6, but who buys them? You also must admit the Mustang[Excluding the SVT] is kind of a chick car now. But, it sells because ford maketed it well. The camaro?firebird has not had an ad since 1993.<!-- Signature -->

6. the z28 is not a piece of trash the 6 banger might be but the z28 is not. He is right though not all camaro owners have mullets. I like this mach 1 and I also like the new cobra <!-- Signature -->

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EAGLEF1</i>

Ok moron lets start off with the part that states that I don't like camaros and that I say that they are the worst cars on the planet?!? WTF are you talking about?!? I have never stated that the camaro is a bad car. I like the camaro alot. I think that it could use new body style, but its by no means ugly. I really like firebirds also. What I don't like are morons and idiots that try to put words in my mouth, and idiots that can't respect and like all of these cars! You sir are one of those morons that I am talking about. I only stat facts, and if the facts don't make the camaro out to be of god like status then so be it, IT DOES NOT mean that I don't like the car. I will say I like mustangs better, always have, but again that does not mean that I can not like other cars. Again I cant say it enough, you are a moron and complete idiot.

8. In that car and driver article about the mustang cobra, the mustang cobra does 0-60 in 4.8 and the ss does it in 4.9, the 1\4 mile in 13.5, the ss does the same, so how is it slower, and where are u gonna go 162? And the mustang handles better than the camaro, looks better (personal opinion)

9. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EAGLEF1</i>
    <b>Why is it that it pulled better numbers throught the skidpad[Car and driver stated"we can't think[in this price range] of a car that handles better on 17 inch tires.] why is it that it is faster in acceleration as well?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

LOL. You gotta have proof dude. No magazine has ever said the camaro SS handles better than the mustang Cobra.

Car and Driver had a .1 better 0-60 for the Cobra, and equal quarter mile times.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EAGLEF1</i>
    <b>The Chevorlet Camaro SS is worthy competitor to the mustang.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

That's the only thing you said that wasn't retarded.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EAGLEF1</i>
    <b>I will agree with you that the Z28 is a complete piece of trash, and so is the V6, but who buys them? You also must admit the Mustang[Excluding the SVT] is kind of a chick car now. But, it sells because ford maketed it well. The camaro?firebird has not had an ad since 1993.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I will not agree to that. The z28 is not a pos, the gt is not a 'chick' car. I don't think that the mustang gets any better advertising than the f-bodies either, [with the exception of the last year or two since their death was announced].<!-- Signature -->

10. #10 mariowrc, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    hey i got some news that should make all you chevy fans respect ford alote more.
    did you know that it was because of ford t-birds great sale that GM was forced to continue making the corvette and also make it alote better. they were so close to discontinuing the legend as we know it now.
    http://caranddriver.com/xp/Caranddriver/features/2002/july/200207_feature_vette_highs.xml
    there is the site from caranddriver. see people both companys need one another, i believe it was because of corvette t-bird was made. correct me please if i am wrong.

11. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Hoseman</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EAGLEF1</i>
    <b>Why is it that it pulled better numbers throught the skidpad[Car and driver stated"we can't think[in this price range] of a car that handles better on 17 inch tires.] why is it that it is faster in acceleration as well?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

LOL. You gotta have proof dude. No magazine has ever said the camaro SS handles better than the mustang Cobra.

Car and Driver had a .1 better 0-60 for the Cobra, and equal quarter mile times.

<b>The Chevorlet Camaro SS is worthy competitor to the mustang.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

That's the only thing you said that wasn't retarded.

<b>I will agree with you that the Z28 is a complete piece of trash, and so is the V6, but who buys them? You also must admit the Mustang[Excluding the SVT] is kind of a chick car now. But, it sells because ford maketed it well. The camaro?firebird has not had an ad since 1993.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I will not agree to that. The z28 is not a pos, the gt is not a 'chick' car. I don't think that the mustang gets any better advertising than the f-bodies either, [with the exception of the last year or two since their death was announced].</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> Go to SLP's web site, I don't think they would lie.<!-- Signature -->

12. The camaro is a tad faster[MPH], but handles not as well as the mustang in stock form[ the .91g's is a suspention option, not the cars actual handling...sorry] It's nearly as fast[or in some cases faster] through the slalom. It is 200 lbs. lighter than the 03 cobra [3800 lbs vs. 3600 lbs.] there is slightly more body roll than the cobra as well[but it gets around the corner just as quickly. It isn't as fast as the cobra from 0-60 or the quarter mile, but a supercharger could fix that problem[ if chevy could get there act together!] and a updated suspension could match or surpass the Cobra's handling.<!-- Signature -->

13. #13 Heyman, Aug 9, 2002
    <b>The camaro is a tad faster[MPH], but handles not as well as the mustang in stock form[ the .91g's is a suspention option, not the cars actual handling...sorry] It's nearly as fast[or in some cases faster] through the slalom. It is 200 lbs. lighter than the 03 cobra [3800 lbs vs. 3600 lbs.] there is slightly more body roll than the cobra as well[but it gets around the corner just as quickly. It isn't as fast as the cobra from 0-60 or the quarter mile, but a supercharger could fix that problem[ if chevy could get there act together!] and a updated suspension could match or surpass the Cobra's handling.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

http://www.supercars.net/cMsg?viewThread=true&bottom=30&year=2003&make=Ford&model=Mustang%20Mach%201&fn=64

Stupid then. Stupid now.<!-- Signature -->

14. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EAGLEF1</i>
    <b>The camaro is a tad faster[MPH], but handles not as well as the mustang in stock form[ the .91g's is a suspention option, not the cars actual handling...sorry] It's nearly as fast[or in some cases faster] through the slalom. It is 200 lbs. lighter than the 03 cobra [3800 lbs vs. 3600 lbs.] there is slightly more body roll than the cobra as well[but it gets around the corner just as quickly. It isn't as fast as the cobra from 0-60 or the quarter mile, but a supercharger could fix that problem[ if chevy could get there act together!] and a updated suspension could match or surpass the Cobra's handling.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

If if if...

Well the camaro doesn't have the 'updated suspension' or the supercharger with iron block and forged internals.

The Cobra handles better and is faster. Soon the Cobra will be cheaper and soon there will only be the Cobra.<!-- Signature -->

15. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from stangman</i>
    <b> In that car and driver article about the mustang cobra, the mustang cobra does 0-60 in 4.8 and the ss does it in 4.9, the 1\4 mile in 13.5, the ss does the same, so how is it slower, and where are u gonna go 162? And the mustang handles better than the camaro, looks better (personal opinion)</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

that ss was tested in 98 and had 320hp i dont think that the newer 325hp ss is gonna be a hella lot faster but it probably could go to sixty in 4.7-4.6 cuz C/D tested a z28 convertible with a auto and it hit sixty in 5.2<!-- Signature -->

16. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 427 Z06</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from stangman</i>
    <b> In that car and driver article about the mustang cobra, the mustang cobra does 0-60 in 4.8 and the ss does it in 4.9, the 1\4 mile in 13.5, the ss does the same, so how is it slower, and where are u gonna go 162? And the mustang handles better than the camaro, looks better (personal opinion)</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

that ss was tested in 98 and had 320hp i dont think that the newer 325hp ss is gonna be a hella lot faster but it probably could go to sixty in 4.7-4.6 cuz C/D tested a z28 convertible with a auto and it hit sixty in 5.2</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yeah, 5 horsepower makes a huge difference...

FWIW the 325 horsepower ws6 got a 13.6 from C&D. Expect the same results for an SS.<!-- Signature -->

17. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Hoseman</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 427 Z06</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from stangman</i>

that ss was tested in 98 and had 320hp i dont think that the newer 325hp ss is gonna be a hella lot faster but it probably could go to sixty in 4.7-4.6 cuz C/D tested a z28 convertible with a auto and it hit sixty in 5.2</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yeah, 5 horsepower makes a huge difference...

FWIW the 325 horsepower ws6 got a 13.6 from C&D. Expect the same results for an SS.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    the 99 Z28 had a 1/4 of 13.5 i dont think that the 02 325hp ss is slower.<!-- Signature -->

18. #18 Heyman, Aug 9, 2002
  19. Pontiac gets slower over time, even with more horsepower. lol.<!-- Signature -->

20. Who cares about fifty years ago??? I don't respect ford at all at this point. Ford didn't make the Corvette what it is today. Real American hard work made the Vette "AMERICAS SPORTSCAR" And that's something that no matter how many superchargers they put on any F.M.C. vehicle, they will never be able to touch the legacy.

21. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Pushrod Power ZL1</i>
    <b>Who cares about fifty years ago??? I don't respect ford at all at this point. Ford didn't make the Corvette what it is today. Real American hard work made the Vette "AMERICAS SPORTSCAR" And that's something that no matter how many superchargers they put on any F.M.C. vehicle, they will never be able to touch the legacy.
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

And chevy didn't build the mustang to what it is today...your point?<!-- Signature -->

22. check the mph those are low 13 second mph. somebody had a traction problem. just because C&D said it doesnt mean you cant get a better time. we race on the track and on the street not on paper

23. the vette aint shit compared to what Ford put out today as well as 50 years ago....its a good rig but it isnt the best and it is far from THE legacy. I think Shelby shares that trophy with Ford when they developed the cobra, cobra daytona coupe (which was the ONLY American car to win the world class in the late 60s), GT40 (which was developed to kick ferrari's ass and did), and Shebly mustangs. And as far as I am concerned the Camaros of that same time period couldnt compete with the Shelby mustangs either. What does Ford have to do to get some respect from idiots like you? They only make the best selling most powerful trucks and fastest cars. Admit it man Ford sets the pace and the rest struggle to follow. It has been that way for decades. Everything Ford has set out to do either race wise or street wise they have done with stunning success. Do some research man. From the Model T right up to today Ford is a LEADER not a follower. Take your vette smoochin ass elsewhere.

24. If a professional driver only ran a 13.5, I really doudt that you are going to do any better.